Group Buy - anyone tried it on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hotchilidamo

Hey everyone, I'm new to the group so forgive me if this has been covered already. I searched but didn't find anything

Anyway I belonged to a car forum for a specific car and they regularly set up group buy schemes where they contacted a manufacturer or retailer asking what numbers they would need to order to get good discounts on various parts

I thought this could be a really useful thing to try on here. So for example, we could contact Garmin or another retailer selling Garmins and see what deals they could offer on say the Edge 200 gps. Then we create a thread to gather interest and if we get enough people to get the discount, we go for it.

I'm not entirely sure how we would do the payment part though. I guess this could be the sticking point unless we could all pay the manufacturer/retailer individually. But I can't see that working so well.

Anyway, just an idea

MikeG

Guru
I've seen it done on other fora, but it is difficult to imagine which cycling products would be suitable for this idea. Everyone has such different and varied kit.

OP
OP
Hotchilidamo

Hotchilidamo

I've seen it done on other fora, but it is difficult to imagine which cycling products would be suitable for this idea. Everyone has such different and varied kit.

Hmm, yes and no. I think there are some staples that all cyclists would use i.e. the edge 200. But you may be right which is why it hasn't really been done successfully here

Top Bottom