group set for bike build?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by ChefDicko, 14 Jul 2012.

1. ChefDicko

ChefDicko Regular

hello, i have just brought my self a beautiful cervelo R3 frame set, and im now thinking about what group set to go for so was hoping for some help, i currently have ultegra on my old bike which i have been happy with, but when i see photos of the r3 alot of them have spram which i no nothing about, has any one had spram and how do the compare i think its the spram rival.

2. 'Spram'..?

Much of the choice will be down to budget, or which type of shift function you may prefer and the ergonomics of the hoods - other than that, the groups both do an identical job.

3. Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit msg me on kik for android

once you go electronic you never go back, slicker shifting

4. OP
    OP
    ChefDicko

ChefDicko Regular

thats above my budget matey

5. OP
    OP
    ChefDicko

ChefDicko Regular

so there is no real difference then, maybe ill stick with ultgra, any advise on wheels? dont really want to spend over £400 on them

6. OP
    OP
    ChefDicko

ChefDicko Regular

just been looking at reveiws the spram red get a good review

7. MattHB

MattHB Proud Daddy

I'm about to buy a set of RS80 C24's (dura-ace rims, ultegra hubs). In stock at planet-x for £299. Seems amazing value to me!

8. OP
    OP
    ChefDicko

ChefDicko Regular

yea they do look good ill have a look at the reviews for them,i was looking at Mavic Ksyrium Elite there on wiggle for £375, but the rs80 seems very simular but cheaper

9. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

It's SRAM not SPRAM

lejogger likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    ChefDicko

ChefDicko Regular

oh yea

11. dudigrinfeld

dudigrinfeld Active Member

Go electronic UI2 if you don't have the DA budget.

12. OP
    OP
    ChefDicko

ChefDicko Regular

i like the idea of electronic gears, did not realise there was a cheaper option of the ui2, only proberlem is i cant seem to find anything telling me the price, do you no what kind of price range the ui2 is?

13. Gary E

Gary E Veteran

That explains the incredibly cheap price and the Japanese writing on the box :laugh:

14. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

15. avsd

avsd Veteran

I don't like SPAM - sorry I meant SRAM. Personal thing about the double tap. I much prefer Shimano. You would need to try a bike fitted with SRAM before investing in a SRAM groupset.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice