group set for bike build?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChefDicko

Regular
hello, i have just brought my self a beautiful cervelo R3 frame set, and im now thinking about what group set to go for so was hoping for some help, i currently have ultegra on my old bike which i have been happy with, but when i see photos of the r3 alot of them have spram which i no nothing about, has any one had spram and how do the compare i think its the spram rival.

'Spram'..?

Much of the choice will be down to budget, or which type of shift function you may prefer and the ergonomics of the hoods - other than that, the groups both do an identical job.

OP
OP
ChefDicko

ChefDicko

Regular
'Spram'..?

Much of the choice will be down to budget, or which type of shift function you may prefer and the ergonomics of the hoods - other than that, the groups both do an identical job.

so there is no real difference then, maybe ill stick with ultgra, any advise on wheels? dont really want to spend over £400 on them

OP
OP
ChefDicko

ChefDicko

Regular
I'm about to buy a set of RS80 C24's (dura-ace rims, ultegra hubs). In stock at planet-x for £299. Seems amazing value to me!
yea they do look good ill have a look at the reviews for them,i was looking at Mavic Ksyrium Elite there on wiggle for £375, but the rs80 seems very simular but cheaper

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
just been looking at reveiws the spram red get a good review

It's SRAM not SPRAM

avsd

Guru
I don't like SPAM - sorry I meant SRAM. Personal thing about the double tap. I much prefer Shimano. You would need to try a bike fitted with SRAM before investing in a SRAM groupset.

Top Bottom