Groupsets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Road or MTB?

OP
OP
LSAF2011

LSAF2011

Price range would be the C2W £1000, I'm in the process of scanning the tinernet for the best deal, best groupset, wheel, etc.
You get the picture, lol

OP
OP
LSAF2011

LSAF2011

Is that £1000 for the whole bike or just the groupset?

The whole bike

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
For a whole bike for a grand, best you are probably going to get is a mix of 105 and Tiagra. And they are both very good.

Edit: just seen @AndyRM 's link... WOW! That will be hard to beat.

OP
OP
LSAF2011

LSAF2011

For £1,000 I don't think you can do better than this: http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXSLPULT6800/planet-x-pro-carbon-shimano-ultegra-6800-road-bike

Ultegra is Shimano's second level groupset.

For a whole bike for a grand, best you are probably going to get is a mix of 105 and Tiagra. And they are both very good.

Edit: just seen @AndyRM 's link... WOW! That will be hard to beat.

Thanks, thats the one I've been looking at, I've also been looking at http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bmc/granfondo-gf02-tiagra-2014-road-bike-ec053875

The problem at the moment is that Planet X, fantastic retailer, charge £100 admin fees for the C2W and then would be the bike fit at an extra £150+ bits

I spoke with the peeps from Evans in Nottingham and they are going to start with the bike fits, probably not to the extent of Planet X tho

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, me thinks a road trip to Sheffield or Barnsley on Saturday, lol

AndyRM

XOXO
Personally, I'd skip the bike fit. You can work out the frame size you need based on your height and make tweaks for comfort yourself. If you're still not happy after some miles in the saddle then a professional fit might be worth the money.

The BMC is a really nice looking machine as well, and would be worth upgrading over time if you wanted to.

Top Bottom