Grrrr why didnt I have my cam with me ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Sat at a jct this morning (Just by Stockport Road), just behind me are 2 police cars, one sets off the siren, the other laughes, then this is repeated again only the other way round, this carrys on for another 1 or 2 mins (it was 8.30 and less than half a mile from Longsight police station) the lights turn green and they race each other to the next lights.

I move into the ASL but see they have both hung back about 4 car lenghts , sat side by side (we are now on Stockport Road, a 2 lane road) , as the lights turn green they both shoot past, the car that "lost the race" then puts the flashing lights and siren on again for 5 seconds or so while laughing.

They then carry on as normal and I see them again about 10 mins later as if nothing has happened.

WTF ????

martint235

Dog on a bike
They are probably using the sirens to tell the staff at the station to put the kettle on! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
martint235 said:
They are probably using the sirens to tell the staff at the station to put the kettle on! :thumbsup:

I'd normally agree but I had seen them both just leave the station LOL

I have a Helmet cam, It attatches to my head, my head is with me every time I cycle, why oh why isnt my camera :biggrin:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Oh sorry, thought they were heading to the police station.

Obviously with crime levels so low in this country, our policemen are stuck for something useful to do.

M:ohmy:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
martint235 said:
Oh sorry, thought they were heading to the police station.

Obviously with crime levels so low in this country, our policemen are stuck for something useful to do.

M:ohmy:

I should have ran one of the 2 red lights :thumbsup::biggrin:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Maybe one of the coppers had just declared his undying love for the other and what you saw was high spirits?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Considering the sort of sh!t they might have to deal with daily, I don't begrudge the cops a bit of fun....

Arch said:
Considering the sort of sh!t they might have to deal with daily, I don't begrudge the cops a bit of fun....

Couldn't have said it better :smile:
+1

Arch said:

I would say that about the sledging that the press tried to make a hoo-hah about, but setting an example on the road by racing..........

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sheffield_Tiger said:
I would say that about the sledging that the press tried to make a hoo-hah about, but setting an example on the road by racing..........

I see your point, but I'd rather take my chance with a couple of police drivers larking about than a great many 'normal' drivers just being general dickheads...

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Arch said:

Normally i'd agree, im no prude BUT the way they past me, doing at LEAST 40-45 in a 30 zone, give me, a cyclist very little room at those speeds was just totally unsafe.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
No Arch, as described that behaviour is not acceptable. Fair enough with the sledging, that's great and no problem with it at all.

Reminds me a little of the police man who blipped his siren to make a very nervous skater student of mine fall over. I'm still surprised at myself for not reporting that.

Top Bottom