Grrrrr! Wahoo Kickr Snap.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK WKS arrived yesterday. Got it set up this afternoon having spent the morning rearranging the garage. Followed all instructions in manual, got sat on, linked to Zwift and started to pedal. Cue loud and annoying metallic rattling from as I pedalled and the wheel spun on the roller. Checked wheel, checked quick release tightness. Took bike out and placed it back on the trainer a few times but got the same noise each. Put QR in second bike put bike on, following instructions and still got the same noise. Played around with roller tension all to no avail, still got noise. Have a video but too tech challenged at the moment to put it up. Anyone with a WKS similar problems?

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Basically this wasn't assembled correctly in Taiwan. Although I had the right size Allen Key it was too short and I couldn't get any purchase on it. My neighbour lent me a longer one and I was able to tighten it so there is no movement. Bike now set up ready to go.

AlanW

Guru
That's not good, my new WKS is due to arrive sometime today, sounds like I might need to sort a longer Allen key out in advance? Pity you cant put that video up though?

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Enjoy it AlanW., it really is a good piece of kit. I've contacted both Wahoo and Wiggle, both very apologetic, so hope yours is OK. An hour on the turbo around Watopia this morning has left me feeling like I've been out on a ride rather than on a trainer.

AlanW

Guru
Well, the good news it arrived this afternoon.
However, thd bad news is there is what looks like a huge chisel gouge in the roller?
I've contacted Wiggle and they want to collect it and send me another one. Fair enough, apart from the fact that I have to allow 48 hours to have it collected. Then a further 24 hours for it to arrive back at Wiggle.
They will not send the replacement out till the faulty one has arrived back to them.

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Well, the good news it arrived this afternoon.
However, thd bad news is there is what looks like a huge chisel gouge in the roller?
I've contacted Wiggle and they want to collect it and send me another one. Fair enough, apart from the fact that I have to allow 48 hours to have it collected. Then a further 24 hours for it to arrive back at Wiggle.
They will not send the replacement out till the faulty one has arrived back to them.
That was the scenario I was facing before the Allen Key rescue. Wiggle are sending these out directly with no checks. Mine came in an outer box with a large label that said that it had been imported from Taiwan via Rotterdam that had clearly been unopened. it might be worth contacting Wahoo Fitness as they have seem to have a quality assurance issue in their factory.
Infuriating though it is it is worth sticking with this. Hopefully it will be resolved by the weekend.

AlanW

Guru
Yep, mine was boxed and labelled exactly as you have described. And yes, I have already contacted Wahoo direct and sent them the photo.

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
All good I hope!:smile:

AlanW

Guru
Well no damage to the roller on this one, so, so far so good.
Just trying to figure out the best setting to link it to Zwift now. All seems rather confusing with the Wahoo fitness app running Bluetooth and Zwift running ant+?
The Tacx Vortex was a lot easier to set up l think?
I've only had a couple of half hearted practice runs on Zwift so its to early to gauge just yet

AlanW

Guru
Shouldn't need any other apps than Zwift running..

Well that's what I thought, but I've also read something about the Wahoo Fitness app controlling the resistance levels in certain modes while on Zwift?

But as you say, I thought that u just needed to do a spin down test first using the Wahoo app and Bluetooth. Then once completed, shut the app down and turn off the Bluetooth and then log into your Zwift account. Pair up the necessary Ant+ controls and off you pedal
:bicycle:

AlanW

Guru
Used the Kickr Snap this evening and the wattage reading are so erratic on Zwift?? Jumping 20 or 30 watts at a time even with the 3 second delay set in Zwift? Flat road, same speed & same cadence, but the wattage figures up and down like a one armed wall paper hanger ffs.
I've checked that I have the latest firmware and conducted several spin down tests. Logged out and tried again several times, the only difference it made was at one point the resistance ramped up so high it stopped me on one of the climbs while I was doing 2mph???
Technology is great when it's working, bloody frustrating when it is isn't though

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Used the Kickr Snap this evening and the wattage reading are so erratic on Zwift?? Jumping 20 or 30 watts at a time even with the 3 second delay set in Zwift? Flat road, same speed & same cadence, but the wattage figures up and down like a one armed wall paper hanger ffs.
I've checked that I have the latest firmware and conducted several spin down tests. Logged out and tried again several times, the only difference it made was at one point the resistance ramped up so high it stopped me on one of the climbs while I was doing 2mph???
Technology is great when it's working, bloody frustrating when it is isn't though
It is frustrating, I had a problem with Bkool, which I have a paid subscription to until January. Paired the trainer fine, scheduled a ride and off I went, managed 500m up the Galibier sometimes spinning out and at others at a resistance so severe I couldn't turn the pedals. Gave up and went back to Zwift. Haven't done a spindown test yet so I am aware that power readings might well be awry, but touch wood I am not having any resistance issues and itt's the resistance control I'm after rather than power data. That said it does seem a little odd that my on the flat power is in excess of my climbing power.

Top Bottom