Grrrrr! Wahoo Kickr Snap.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Winnershsaint
No grrrrr! any more. Using iPad with Bluetooth instead of ANT+ FE-C and at present having no problems. The Snap stays! For now.

kipster

Guru
@Winnershsaint I'm thinking of getting a snap to replace a broken bkool. What apps do you use it with? Bkool/Zwift etc..??

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
@Winnershsaint I'm thinking of getting a snap to replace a broken bkool. What apps do you use it with? Bkool/Zwift etc..??
Kipster I use Zwift and although I do have a Bkool subscription which is about to expire, I've yet to get any real joy getting the Snap to work with it. (Not tried it with Bluetooth though) FWIW I am impressed with a lot of things about the Snap. Its stability compared to a Bkoo Pro for instance means you can really get out of the saddle if you need to and the big flywheel gives a decent roadish like feel. That said it is quirky to get set up and sorted out and I think leans heavily towards IOS as opposed to Android. Ant+FE-C works but you have to very careful about having other sensors with different protocols nearby. I'm looking at Kinomap and Fulgaz as alternative apps and possibly Virtual Cycling when the Bkool sub expires in Jan.

kipster

Guru
Thanks for that, I like the bkool app even with it's issues, I don't find zwift as good, but my wife and son use zwift so I need a training that works for all three of us (hence no direct drive turbo). It would be a shame to leave bkool as I've used it for three years, but I've had two of their turbos fail on me. Just waiting on wiggle to refund me then I'll order the snap and see how I get on with it and bkool.

Top Bottom