G's got it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Never heard of him. Or her.

I'm guessing him.

I have and seen him live.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Never heard of him. Or her.

I'm guessing him.
He was a judge on the ITV celebrity skating programme. I presume you watched that avidly?

John Curry is another famous British skater who also won spoty. Very sadly he died of AIDS related issues.

He was a judge on the ITV celebrity skating programme. I presume you watched that avidly?
Also the current Vodafone advert
God, this makes me seem like that person but .... I don't think I have ever watched a celebrity talent programme, and I don't watch broadcast TV, so I haven't seen the Vodafone ads. Not being up-to-date with adverts can be socially awkward: at the cinema a few years ago, I exclaimed to a friend when an EE commercial came on "Hey, that's Kevin Bacon!" He looked at my liked I'd just emerged from a Japanese WW2 bunker.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
God, this makes me seem like that person but .... I don't think I have ever watched a celebrity talent programme, and I don't watch broadcast TV, so I haven't seen the Vodafone ads. Not being up-to-date with adverts can be socially awkward: at the cinema a few years ago, I exclaimed to a friend when an EE commercial came on "Hey, that's Kevin Bacon!" He looked at my liked I'd just emerged from a Japanese WW2 bunker.

Olympic Gold medalist in 80's and multiple wirld champion but unlikely to know unless you watched skating gack then,

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I finally had a go. I got 54%

A go at what?

They got the first perfect score IIRC.
Plus Curry and Cousins were both gay, which probably had something to do with it in 1980’s.
I don't think you know how famous T&D were world wide. According to Wikipedia, there have 98 gold medals awarded in figure skating in the last 110 years. How many could you name? None of them were Australian, so T&D are the only winners Icould name of the 98. The only other world class skater I can name without google is Tonya Harding. I can't remember who the other skater was in that incident; Kerry someone? Meanwhile, only Diana had the star power to push Jane Torvill off the cover of New Idea*

The two men are just normal-famous for gold medal winners. They are (obviously from this thread) well known, but they are not superstars. The the other 9x champions are not superstars either, and presumably most of them were heterosexual.

*Amazing: I wrote that sentence first, but a brief google led me to a cover of New Idea that Diana had pushed them off!

Attachments

• New-Idea-magazine-June-1984-Princess-Diana-Mel.jpg
    New-Idea-magazine-June-1984-Princess-Diana-Mel.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 20
Top Bottom