GT85 at Tesco

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I recently bought 5 litres of Duck Oil for £25 delivered. If you don't mind buying bulk that's much better value, and a better performer.

Drago

Legendary Member
Er, it's the same value.

At £2 a 400ml tin you could get 12.5 tins of GT85 for £25.

12.5 X 400 = 5,000ml, which, strange to relate, is five litres.
Try getting 400ml of actual product out of out of a 400ml sized aerosol container of GT... Ain't happening, cos a noteworthy proportion of that 400ml is the propellant element, somewhere in the region of 40% by volume on a new can, which is only around 240ml of lovely, sweet GT.

A 5 litre tub with 5 actual litres of product with a supplied hand pump thing. 5 litres, no space lost to propellant, nothing lost to aerosol inefficiency, much better value.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Try getting 400ml of actual product out of out of a 400ml sized aerosol container of GT... Ain't happening, cos a noteworthy proportion of that 400ml is the propellant element, somewhere in the region of 40% by volume on a new can, which is only around 240ml of lovely, sweet GT.

A 5 litre tub with 5 actual litres of product with a supplied hand pump thing. 5 litres, no space lost to propellant, nothing lost to aerosol inefficiency, much better value.

Nah, the propellant is extra gas, so 400ml is 400ml of liquid product same as you have five litres of liquid product.

What I might have to reluctantly concede is it's not possible to get the last ml out of every tin, so you might be ahead there assuming you don't spill any when refilling your squirty bottle.

Reactions: gbb

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
GT85 is 1.99 at Aldi's just now :whistle:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I know it has been discussed before so forgive me for asking but, what exactly do you do with GT85? I have two cans of it in my shed and never seem to use it.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I know it has been discussed before so forgive me for asking but, what exactly do you do with GT85? I have two cans of it in my shed and never seem to use it.
It smells nice and is good for cleaning car interior trim. Spray it on a cloth and then wipe the dashboard and the other acres of plastic in the modern car. Wouldn't put it anywhere near a bike though.

Top Bottom