GT85(!) Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You're an adult, you should be able to get a long straight red thing into a hole with cap by now.
Distillery droop

As an aside, my local Morrison's was selling Tamnavulin for £21 today. And I can spell that right (because the bottle is right in front of me).

robgul

Legendary Member
I always cut the red tube down to about 1.5 inches to use in the can nozzle - more accurate to use and less likely to fall out of the nozzle than a long dangly tube.

(Keep the remaining red tube as if the short bit falls out it always disappears somewhere on the workshop floor!)

Rob

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I always cut the red tube down to about 1.5 inches to use in the can nozzle - more accurate to use and less likely to fall out of the nozzle than a long dangly tube.

(Keep the remaining red tube as if the short bit falls out it always disappears somewhere on the workshop floor!)

That could end up being a strong candidate for Tip of the Year.

robgul

Legendary Member
That could end up being a strong candidate for Tip of the Year.

Do I get a prize?

There are other obvious tips that serve me well . . .

1 Position the valve on the inner tube in line with the name/logo on the tyre so that if you get a puncture in the tube you can look at the alignment and get an idea where the nail/thorn etc might be in the tyre.

2 When you cut new brake or gear cable inners coat the area you're going to cut with superglue (and let it dry) before cutting - reduces the risk of the cable fraying.

3 If you have a Brooks/expensive saddle - when you have the height and angle to your liking use hot glue to stick a ball bearing in the Allen screw head to prevent theft (ditto the seat clamp) - just need some gentle heat to get the ball out if necessry.

4 If you use those little rubber donut things on bare gear/brake cables to prevent chafing the frame a small dob of glue on the cable will hold them in the right place and stop them slipping down to the end.

5 When patching a tube (at home) clamp the tube with the glued patch area between two flat pieces of wood in a vice for about 15 minutes - it really forces a good seal.

Rob

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
If you're having trouble with your GT85 / WD40 naming, there's also MO94 just to really confuse the p*ss out of you. It's roughly the same thing by the way, but costs 2 quid more because Team Sky use it. Oh and it also has a farty red tube nozzle thing.

Katherine

Guru
Mr K sent me to Tesco yesterday, to buy 5 cans of GT85 because they're on offer at the moment, £2. They were sold out. Well, I was going anyway, but he added them to the shopping list.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mr K sent me to Tesco yesterday, to buy 5 cans of GT85 because they're on offer at the moment, £2. They were sold out. Well, I was going anyway, but he added them to the shopping list.
No worries, buy 6 at the next Aldi cycling event, they are 1.99, will last you until it's on sale again.

Top Bottom