GT85(!) Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
HOW. THE. HELL. are you supposed to get the wee red straw into the nozzle??!?!?!

Is there some knack to it, or does it just work for everyone else?
I am sick of bending straws. I am sick of worrying about coating my rotors.

Edit: If I could get one in, I could keep that nozzle and transfer it to other cans!

Last edited:
U

User6179

Is GT45 a cross between WD40 and GT85 ?

What kind of bike are you showing the can? Try something sexy and Italian.

OP
OP
gaijintendo

gaijintendo

Veteran
Got it!
Pushing it in straight was a no go. I tried both sides, and hey both seemed about as poor a fit.
Historically I'd try and push it against the wall, hence the bends.
With this one I wiggled it left and right, and it is in. It may immediately spray off. But I will save that for the morning.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_20170223_233748.jpg
    IMG_20170223_233748.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 40

Ajax Bay

Guru
With this one I wiggled it left and right, and it is in. It may immediately spray off.
You might also find that pushing it in and then pulling it out a few times means that when you do need to push it in, the straw goes into the little hole with much less difficulty than you described in the OP. @raleighnut's advice on twisting it in is #1. Also good support to the spray button is prudent, to avoid unintended discharge and/or subjecting it to too much bending moment.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You might also find that pushing it in and then pulling it out a few times means that when you do need to push it in, the straw goes into the little hole with much less difficulty than you described in the OP. @raleighnut's advice on twisting it in is #1. Also good support to the spray button is prudent, to avoid unintended discharge and/or subjecting it to too much bending moment.
It's easier if you take the spray nozzle off to fit the little straw, saves squirting oil up your sleeve DAMHIKT. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom