guess where i've been for a week...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
the worst bit of my trip was when i was walking through the tube and there was a man begging. and he was burned all over... so bad he had no hands. ;) he looked terrible ;) it made me wanna cry and people were walking past just staring at him. i just wanted to take him home to my mum so she would look after him.

and it kind of looked fresh. you know that falklands guy Simon Weston. think him but 10 times worse. you know how his skin is pink, well this guy's skin was still white, like it was quite recent. it was awful.

makes you glad for what you've got.

Maz

Guru
buggi said:
all right all right, i've been at the Strand, right outside Trafalgar square and they put me in a posh hotel on Leicester Square.
Leicester Square? That's that new apartments development nr. St.Mary's bus station in Leicester. I wouldn't call that posh, not by any stretch of the imagination. ;)

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Maz said:
Leicester Square? That's that new apartments development nr. St.Mary's bus station in Leicester. I wouldn't call that posh, not by any stretch of the imagination. ;)

it's posh to me, when people clean up after you.

you will laugh. thought i found a dimmer swith to the lights that didn't seem to work. came back later to discover i had put the air con on full blast... and the thermostat was set to minimum!!!! Brrr! took all night for the room to warm up!

asterix

Comrade Member
mjones said:
London has been one of the few success stories we've had for cycling. We really should be shouting about it from the rooftops. Not only has there been a very large increase in cycling, but this has largely been achieved without lots of cycling specific infrastructure- it is mostly on-road. Traditionally people have tended to associate high levels of cycling in the UK with Oxford and Cambridge, posh students etc, so councils in other cities have assumed it didn't apply to them; yet now we've got lots of people in London cycling, so it can be done anywhere else!

Don't forget York! We're posh as well;)

Danny

Legendary Member
buggi said:
... IN LONDON!

Working of course, but can't believe just how many cyclists there are! no wonder there are so many Londoners on here.

and... i didn't see one person RLJ. What are they all moaning about over in Commuting?

next time i'm taking my bike.

You must work in a different bit of London from me! In my experience most* London cyclists suffer from congenital colour blindness whenever they approach a set of traffic lights.

There are of course some honourable exceptions like Tynan, but as a pedestrian when in London I have long ago learned that you risk life and limb if you expect cyclists to stop for you at a crossing when the light is red. Most probably do, but enough do not to make me wary of them all.

Here concludes rant against London cyclists...

* OK, I know it is not really most, but it sure is a significant minority.

curve

I have lost count at the number of cyclists in London who have nearly mown me down when I was crossing the road and they were zipping through a red light.

PrettyboyTim

buggi said:
all right all right, i've been at the Strand, right outside Trafalgar square and they put me in a posh hotel on Leicester Square. Must admit i was looking at all the cyclists wondering if any of you were riding past me. :rolleyes:

it's a novelty for me coz i never get to go.

and the other thing i noticed is... you all cycle to work in your work clothes and just roll your trousers up! :laugh:

I've been thinking about doing that myself actually. After my accident the other week I had to buy a new wheel and once I'd fitted it to my bike I rode it back from work in my normal clothes as I hadn't taken any others with me. Due to my bruised knees I was taking it fairly easy but I made it home in reasonable time and didn't find myself sweaty at the end of it. It made me think - perhaps if I just take it easy I won't have to bother with this whole change of clothes thing at all.

atbman

Veteran
buggi said:
it's posh to me, when people clean up after you.

You obviously didn't see the programme t'other night about the cleaning standards in Radisson hotels. They only issue staff with one cloth, so they clean the loo seat with the same cloth they wipe out the tooth mug. They also use the loo brush to scrub the wash basin with.

They also do some insanitary things as well.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
atbman said:
You obviously didn't see the programme t'other night about the cleaning standards in Radisson hotels. They only issue staff with one cloth, so they clean the loo seat with the same cloth they wipe out the tooth mug. They also use the loo brush to scrub the wash basin with.

They also do some insanitary things as well.

:B)

guess where i'm staying tonight! just like hospital then???

walker

so you was just up the road from where I work then?

I doubt you would of seen me as I wasn't in last week. and I don't wear my suit on the bike

ChrisKH

Guru
I reckon one in three London cyclists jump red lights in my experience. Some are full blown jumpers and others read the change of signals and jump long before the lights change to green.

Top Bottom