Guess who's back, back again... BROMPTON SERVICING!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kj92

Good morning / afternoon / evening readers 😊

So, I'm back with my 2019 B75 Brompton, and need to give it a lil TLC before I jump back onto it (hoping it'll be by the weekend)

I neeD to buy the following - wheres the best to buy?
- the sticker which protects the frame from the chain (is there a reel of tape I can use for this? I swear there is...
- Brompton decal

Thanks!

Ajax Bay

Guru
'Helicopter tape'.
Edit (copied from link): "Abrasion Resistance Polyurethane is also known as Helicopter Tape (or Heli Tape). While it is used to protect helicopter blades, 3Mâ„¢ Helicopter Tape is a fast and exact way to provide protection from grit, stones and scratches."

Last edited:
I've had a strip of insulation tape on my winter bike for god knows how many years. Works just as well but obviously not clear. Also works as rim tape.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I have used similar. It's transparent (so aesthetically acceptable) and once stuck it has stayed stuck (obvious advice to get surface properly clean).

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Do you ride on a night much? I've used 3M reflective tape on my bike as a protector tape and added reflectivity/safety. You can buy it from Amazon/Ebay in a few colours (a bought black to match the bike), but make sure you buy 3M, the copies are garbage.

mitchibob

Ãœber Member
The brompton decals were the first thing I removed from my bikes. For one, they looked wrong on the matt black finish, plus, don't need the sticker to show they're bromptons (and I preferred the dragons, which should've been option while they were painted in Wales)

Top Bottom