Guesswork question!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
Here's a weird question. Looking at this photo, and judging from the proportions, would you say if the bicycle looks like it would be suitable for a girl of 5'8" in height?

My friend's been given it, but by a friend of hers who is apparently only 5'3" or something, so she's not sure if it's the right size or not.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Tape measure will provide the best measure. With no info on wheel size or anything then its hard to tell by proportion, at least I couldnt tell!

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
I'll have to pass any instructions on the owner who knows nothing about bikes - what exactly do you measure to get the size of a bicycle?

Gerry Attrick said:
Measure from the centre of the bottom bracket spindle to the top of the seat tube (where the frame ends). That is the frame size.
I've seen take diagrams which it to the middle of the top tube and vertically and the way you describe :biggrin: The former is difficult with open framed bikes :shy: my guess would be to the top of the seat stays ?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
True some makers refer to frame size dimensions to the centre of the tube, referred to as C-C, but in an open frame C-T (top) has more relevance.

Top Bottom