1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guinness Adverts

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Elmer Fudd, 12 Sep 2007.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Anyone remember the Guinness ad where the bloke was dancing behind what looked like a giant pint but ran up at the end and picked it up (camera trickery).

Do you know what the tune was called and who performed it ? It's driving me nuts as I can't remember. The ad was on about 9-10yrs ago.

2. barq

barq Senior Member

Perez Prado 'Guaglione'.

3. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

sorry...I'm Guinless

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

can i refer you to the friends of the guinless bftb?

5. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

cheers barq, i'll do a search now, knew it was a 'wierd' name

Thats the one, cheers barq, I just ran down to Durham and bought it (Tee Hee Hee !)

6. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Did you know that the biggest Guiness brewery in the world is not in Dublin, but in Lagos?

7. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

Aah but it's not the same, you need pure Irish water :smile:

8. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I spent a very enjoyable five hours at the Guinness brewery in Dublin in 1985. Well, the first three hours were enjoyable, then I suffered from 'blackout' :smile: :ohmy: literally: 15 pints in total. :biggrin::blush: And very ill I was too. :biggrin:

9. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

Not now but when in Cork a few years back, on a Saturday night, 12 pints was a good average. Mind on Sunday I looked like I was pregnant and boy, was my s**t black !