Guitarists: BoaB and others...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Today's Times has a 'pull-our bit' about riffs. It rates 'Hey Joe' as the most difficult from the selection it publishes.
I have never worn a g-string, let alone tried to get music from one (although I would probably be more successful with the former...:tongue: ) and I can do riffs only with added 'raff'.

What say you, Bianchi man and others?

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I'm off for a guitar lesson at 11:30 with my new Takamine semi-acoustic :tongue:, so i expect to be doing Hendrix by midday.

What else did they have in the pull out?

OK - rate these in order of difficulty 1= easier 5 = harder. No peeking!

Hey Joe

Back in Black ac/dc

Money for Nothing dire straits

Pinball Wizard the who

Cigarettes & Alchohol oasis

All Right Now free

How to read guitar tablature oops! :sad:

I'll drop the grades in later - after going for a toasting in the :laugh: on my
bike- don't fret. ;)

User269

Aperitif said:
Today's Times has a 'pull-our bit' about riffs. It rates 'Hey Joe' as the most difficult from the selection it publishes.
I have never worn a g-string, let alone tried to get music from one (although I would probably be more successful with the former...;) ) and I can do riffs only with added 'raff'.

What say you, Bianchi man and others?

Hey Joe the most difficult??? C, G, D, A & E and some fills. Perhaps the idiot journalist is confusing 'most difficult' with 'really amazing & cool' ??
It's easy for crissakes!!! But music is about something else other than 'difficult', which is why Hey Joe is a great song.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
None of those tunes are what you call difficult, but it depends on how you look at it.
To play anything in tune, in time, with good phrasing and style isn't easy.
Hendrix was a master of all those things, so yes in some was a tricky tune, in other ways...nah piece of cake.

I'm a guitar teacher, when the kids ask me to play something really hard I just play a single C major chord:biggrin:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Pah. try playing jazz-metal fusion, or various classical peices. Hey Joe is pretty simple and thats why its iconic.:sad:

Or did they mess up with meaning its the hardest out of their selection. :laugh:

I've tried to play a few Police songs on the strat, thats pretty hard. Cavatina, too, is pretty hard.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Ratings added next to songs…

Aperitif said:
OK - rate these in order of difficulty 1= easier 5 = harder. No peeking!

Hey Joe 5

Back in Black ac/dc 3

Money for Nothing dire straits 4

Pinball Wizard the who 1

Cigarettes & Alchohol oasis 2

All Right Now free 1

How to read guitar tablature oops! :laugh:

I'll drop the grades in later - after going for a toasting in the :laugh: on my
bike- don't fret. :sad:

CharlieB said:
Charlie B is going to get th CycleChat plectrum of effort:

The hardest: Hey Joe Gets 5 guitars for difficulty)

Then.
Back in Black (4)
Money for Nothing (3)
All Right Now (3)
Pinball Wizard (2)
Cigs & Alcohol (1)
Segovia - 'Springtime in Aranjuez' (0) :laugh:

Well done Charlie - the others are still on their beds kerrrrranging with their air guitars! :wacko:

:ohmy:

Top Bottom