Guy Martin Is Back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I enjoyed it just enough to overlook the one or two historical inaccuracies and will be happily watching the next

Bit disappointed that he's never fried an egg before.:headshake: I mean what sort of bloke has never friend an egg before!:unsure:

They should employ me instead, I've fried lots of eggs, and I can do lots of the engineering type stuff.:whistle:

You get my vote Night Train!

Your first programme could be "How I bodged carefully rebuilt the recumbent trike I bought from Cyclemagic'

Arch

Married to Night Train
You get my vote Night Train!

Your first programme could be "How I bodged carefully rebuilt the recumbent trike I bought from Cyclemagic'

Yeah, he's going to fry an egg on it..:giggle:

I went for an audition for the Beeb once, when they wanted archaeology presenters. From the new faces who appeared the following season, I suspect I wasn't blonde or busty enough.;)

gbb

Legendary Member
Might give it a go, he's always come across well grounded and a nice fella, but bejesus, i wish he wouldnt talk so fast. He was on R2 this afternoon, i genuinely struggled to keep up, christ know, he can talk fast....actually borderline bloody annoying.

Might give it a go, he's always come across well grounded and a nice fella, but bejesus, i wish he wouldnt talk so fast. He was on R2 this afternoon, i genuinely struggled to keep up, christ know, he can talk fast....actually borderline bloody annoying.
I heard that too, they did comment earlier on in the show about the speed of his speech.

However, even on the radio, his enthusiasm shows

Just watched yesterdays edition on 4OD, as I was at work yesterday
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-britain-worked/4od#3430073
Think he was a bit scared on that Velocipede dropping back into Gayle village, but a cracking programme.

You briefly heard his say/shout "oh you Bast", then the scene cut.........
Have to let SWMBO & daughter watch it, just to see what they say about the Tanning procedure

Could be the sucsessor to Fred Dibnah if they can slow his enthusiam down a bit.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Could be the sucsessor to Fred Dibnah if they can slow his enthesuiam down a bit.

I can see what you mean, but I like it. It's good, as long as it's natural, which I think it is. Sometimes, yes, people need to conform to a style, but in that sort of show, the character can shine through. (Dan Cruikshank is another with a similar style, but perhaps his accent is just that bit easier for folk to understand being a little more RP).

[QUOTE 2125627, member: 259"]I've only just had the chance to watch this and it was the first time I'd ever seen him. Impressive sideburns and right entertaining. Marie didn't exactly say "Phwoaar" but it wasn't that far off! :ohmy:[/quote]
Try & get hold of a copy of 'TT: Closer To The Edge'
http://www.tt3dmovie.com/

Seeing the 'slo-mo' in the film, & how much the bikes frames flex is eye-opening, but then again 180BHP(at a guess?) will take some controlling

Well, if he is a bit too busy, I would be happy to step in and cover....:whistle:
In which role? presenter, day-job. or part-time work??

Night Train

Maker of Things
In which role? presenter, day-job. or part-time work??
Well, I can present and act and be enthusiastic to an audience as an experienced actor and college teacher, I am a qualified heavy vehicle mechanic, and my first motor bike was a 2002 Harley Davidson FXSTB Night Train 1450cc.

I reckon I'd give his part time work a miss as I couldn't out run a fit roadie on a weekend jaunt, even with 1450cc.:whistle:

Top Bottom