Guy Martin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Great program, best on TV over Christmas by far. Into motorcycles also, so have always been a fan of Guy.
Very nuts fella, but also down to earth. Loved the fact that in nearly every scene he was holding a cuppa

Mattonsea

Über Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ilding-vehicle-earned-place-record-books.html

Quite unconnectedly, there's a rocket-powered railway at Pendine, or there was, on the military base there, roughly a mile long (& level to 1/2"!!)
Allegedly Mach 3 was attainable for the 'sleds' used on it!!
Is that where they tested the scale model of Thrust ssc?

y2blade

Only caught up with this yesterday (didn't watch any TV over Christmas).
Brilliant program, Guy is a great character.

Should be another fantastic series (His previous TV shows have all been very enjoyable).

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I drove along Pendine in the late 1970s.

Went a bit far and managed to get my Cortina stuck while trying to turn round.

In those days, there was a man 'in the village' who had a DUCK amphibious vehicle who would come out and tow cars which had become stuck.

He said he's seen many idiots like me, although I'd managed to get further along than most.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Should be an interesting series. Hopefully

Wonder if 'Mave' will be involved - just hope for his sake, there's no home-preserved Baked Beans this time.......

Plus;
There's an intriguing looking James May programme on Friday evening
Do you all remember his 'Toy Stories' series?? (Lego house, Plastecine Flower Garden, Meccano bridge, Airfix Spitifre, etc...)

In this new programme, he makes a full-size Meccano motor-bike (barring engine, gearbox, wheels, tyres, etc..) & takes it round the TT course!!!

BBC2 on Friday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03njvbz
That was really boring had to switch over halfway through.am referring to the James May Meccanno motor cycle.:sad::sad:

[QUOTE 2932513, member: 9609"]who was the woman Olympian(?) who helped Guy with the sledge thing ? was it Lizzy Yarnald ?[/quote]
Amy Williams
Amy Williams
Amy Williams
Amy Williams

[QUOTE 2932582, member: 9609"]are you sure about that ? you don't sound too confident.[/quote]
Absolutely positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom