Guy Martin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's a little bit more about the bike here... http://www.chainreactionhub.com/lat...n-british-bicycle-speed-record-this-christmas
Mainly photos but still interesting

Thanks for that link, I'll have a gander at those pics later.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
True, but is it any dafter than Bloodhound and the land speed record, in a 'vehicle' where none of the wheels are driven? That is just a jet fighter which doesn't take off.
Looking at it that way, the land speed record would still be held by Donald Campbell in Bluebird CN7 (403.10 mph). Something to think about.

Linford

Thought it was pure fluff meself, he's not Britain's fastest cyclist, either :smile: It's just a function of the size and effectiveness of the wind break in front of you, he was essentially getting towed.

A far more interesting experiment would have been a fastest descent of a road, or maybe just the fastest human powered effort (recumbent perhaps) on the flat.

Seems like a nice fella though, kind of bloke you'd want to have a pint with.
Faired or unfaired, conventional or recumbent. 1:4 or 1:3 ??? , So many variables

D

Deleted member 26715

Wonder why they chose Pendine would have thought the RAF would have allowed them access to a runway

Alan...

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
for those of us that missed it first time, its on again tonight at 8pm on channel 4seven

D

Deleted member 26715

No idea do they & why would they need one, if the truck was towing him up to 100mph then I'm sure it can accelerate quicker than that

Alan...

I've driven on Pendine Sands, a few years before the ban on (private) vehicles came into being
It's not an easy surface, it even had 2 tons of 110Tdi sliding about a bit at 30MPH!!

Mindst you, finding a soft bit (either water held there, or a spring under the sands??), made life exciting with the tide coming in (& 3 miles up the beach from Pendine itself...........)
Thankfully, low-range & diff-lock, whilst rocking the vehicle got it out, but the drive back to the 'resort' was very quiet.......:whistle:

Loved some of guy's ccomments..
Guy Martin on Laura Trott "she's not hard to look at"
Guy Martin on Laura Trott "the most giggly girl in cycling said to me with a straight face, I don't think you can do it"
Typical Martin!!, but good

Enjoyed it immensely myself, as did a couple of motor-cycling collegues at work, who asked if I'd seen it

screenman

Legendary Member
No idea do they & why would they need one, if the truck was towing him up to 100mph then I'm sure it can accelerate quicker than that

Alan...
Marham is the longest at 2 miles, which I imagine is not long enough to get up to speed and slow down again.

Top Bottom