GWS ColinJ.. DVT/Pulmonary Embolism

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Excuse Me! There'll be no popping of clogs round these parts. Who will be my near death experience buddy if you shuffle off?
I'm certainly not in a hurry, but ... well, you know!

I confess that the sad death of alans on last weekend's FNRTTC did focus my mind a little. :sad:

A couple of my non-CC friends know that I spend a lot of time on here but I'm not sure that they would think to sign up to explain what had happened to me, when such a thing finally does happen, which it inevitably will, some time in the next 40 or 50 years!

I'm going to write my login details and a goodbye message for you lot on a big card, with instructions to post the contents on the forum for me, and a simple explanation of my demise.

Meanwhile, we have some great forum rides to do!

Sara_H

Guru
I'm certainly not in a hurry, but ... well, you know!

I confess that the sad death of alans on last weekend's FNRTTC did focus my mind a little. :sad:

A couple of my non-CC friends know that I spend a lot of time on here but I'm not sure that they would think to sign up to explain what had happened to me, when such a thing finally does happen, which it inevitably will, some time in the next 40 or 50 years!

I'm going to write my login details and a goodbye message for you lot on a big card, with instructions to post the contents on the forum for me, and a simple explanation of my demise.

Meanwhile, we have some great forum rides to do!

No, no, no - all the gory details will be required! :laugh:

By the way, arterial blood sampling isn't that bad, not much different to venous sampling TBH.

Keep thinking about all those lovely rides waiting for you, Colin, and the amazing views from the summits of the hills! What's a poxy blood test compared to the fun you're going to have telling us all about your cycling exploits in the future?!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Sorry to hear you had another health setback, Colin! :hugs:
When are you coming to Scotland? We must take you on a CC Ecosse ride!

ColinJ

Best wishes Colin. They breed 'em tough in Yorkshire, and I'm sure you'll want to be up and about as soon as you can. Good luck with that. Take it steady.
Donger.
I'm not actually from Yorkshire, though I have lived half my life here. I am half (English) Midlands, half Highlands & Islands by parentage, born and raised in the Midlands.

I am still up and about but definitely taking it steady until I know what is going on and it is sorted out.

When are you coming to Scotland? We must take you on a CC Ecosse ride!
First week of September, Monday to Monday including travelling, and staying in the Oban area. I am hoping to do the Lochaber 100 on Sat, 6th. It looks a great event, if any CC Ecosse riders fancy meeting up? I want to take my time and enjoy it, maybe taking 8 or 9 hours.

I am also hoping to catch the ferry over to Mull from Oban and do a loop of most of the island, which I believe comes to about 87 miles. That would probably be on the 2nd or 3rd.

The other thing that I would like to do while I am there is to walk up Ben Nevis.

This all depends on me being well enough, and the weather not being too grim.

ColinJ

Ah, the Lochaber 100 event allows a maximum of 8.5 hours. Still, it is an easy route so that should be fine unless conditions are terribly windy.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I'm not actually from Yorkshire, though I have lived half my life here. I am half (English) Midlands, half Highlands & Islands by parentage, born and raised in the Midlands.

I am still up and about but definitely taking it steady until I know what is going on and it is sorted out.

First week of September, Monday to Monday including travelling, and staying in the Oban area. I am hoping to do the Lochaber 100 on Sat, 6th. It looks a great event, if any CC Ecosse riders fancy meeting up? I want to take my time and enjoy it, maybe taking 8 or 9 hours.

I am also hoping to catch the ferry over to Mull from Oban and do a loop of most of the island, which I believe comes to about 87 miles. That would probably be on the 2nd or 3rd.

The other thing that I would like to do while I am there is to walk up Ben Nevis.

This all depends on me being well enough, and the weather not being too grim.
Are you, by any chance, an early prototype Cyberdyne Systems terminator?

trio25

Über Member
Hopefully its nothing and if its anything you've caught it early anyway!

Compared to the general population you are an elite athlete, I always laugh when Dr's describe me like that as well, usually when they realise I've ridden there....which is funniest at the GP's as it is a mile away and I ride as I am too lazy to walk!

Top Bottom