Hackney rider pursued, knocked from bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I was trying to separate the simple survival issue - avoiding unneccessary danger, which seems pretty uncontentious to me - from the ethical side of things. I think @Profpointy may have done a better job at separating the issues than I was capable of after a bottle of Rioja plus worries about the survival of a family friend who appears to have lost her duel with danger.
Crikey. :sad: Sorry to read that.

Tin Pot

Guru
I was trying to separate the simple survival issue - avoiding unneccessary danger, which seems pretty uncontentious to me - from the ethical side of things. I think @Profpointy may have done a better job at separating the issues than I was capable of after a bottle of Rioja plus worries about the survival of a family friend who appears to have lost her duel with danger.
Sorry to hear that dm.

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
It is probably time to update the law regarding motoring offences and make punishments harsher so that drivers take their responsibility more seriously.

Racist thug slashes man with Samurai sword and gets a 5 year sentence.

Quarter of drivers found guilty over cyclist deaths did not even receive driving bans.

If you, as a driver, understood that any harm you brought to others as a result of your driving was going to land you in jail (or lose you your license for 10 years or cost you a small fortune in fines, or all three!) you may be less likely to "lose it" and use your vehicle to intimidate or harm others.

With the number of helmet and dash cams around nowadays there should be plenty of occasions where video evidence clearly shows the drivers actions. Why can't these be used to help prosecute them?

Why aren't we showing programs on TV that highlight the dangers to more vulnerable road users and show the prosecutions of those committing these offences, instead of sensationalising the confrontations for advertising revenue.

I'm sure I would attract a rapid response from PC plod (and his armed colleagues) if I started pointing a gun at people in the local town centre, but driving like a maniac and threatening and endangering cyclists isn't treated in the same way. It should be.

Levo-Lon

Guru
A lot of people traval from A-B with no real recollection of the journey using auto pilot.regardless of the transport used.
it seems to go wrong when their sudenly awoken from their thoughts by another road user..
stresses of modern life i guess.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I'm afraid to post anything in this thread.

I hope the cyclist is able to make a full recovery.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'm afraid to post anything in this thread.

I hope the cyclist is able to make a full recovery.

why
its a perfectly good debate, some posters act in the same way as a road user might when they feel their space has been attacked ,angry over the top reaction for no real reason other than that.
so its a good example of human behaviour and over reaction to something that probabley could have been solved with 2 seconds of thought..live and let live ...

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
With the number of helmet and dash cams around nowadays there should be plenty of occasions where video evidence clearly shows the drivers actions. Why can't these be used to help prosecute them?
Because the polis, and much more reprehensibly, the CPS, CGAF.
Ask Reginald Scot.

Helmet cams do work, especially with liveried vehicles
Email company knowing full well that to driver is going to lie about it.... Then wh you get the reply sending he video pointing out that they hav been misled by their employee
Last one was a clear left hook, the driver claimed I was unlit and had cycled up on his inside as he turned

Rear video showed his vehicle lit up by the rear light, and the front video also showed the front light as well as the left hook

The manager was no happy a being made to look a fool and driver is no longer employed

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This thread went down hill.

Christ help the poor cyclist eh. Thank god nobody started some crap like this when I had my spine broken.

In fighting.... grow up !

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

The incident happened after he remonstrated with the woman driver after she cut him up. He claims she was talking on a mobile phone at the time and rather than apologise she gave him a torrent of verbal abuse and started driving at him at speed.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...er-i-thought-i-was-going-to-die-a3184256.html

cyc1a.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
So you were actually wrong to chastise other members for saying the cyclist upset the driver then @glenn forger ..even tho the cyclist had a go at the driver..
im sure you could say sorry , maybe you just lost yout cool for a few seconds and went into one eh..:okay:
Ahh well, untill the next outburst then..Have a good weekend^_^

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

So you were actually wrong to chastise other members for saying the cyclist upset the driver then

I would have been wrong if I had said that, yep. I said that it was utterly stupid to make up stuff that never happened and claim that that was the moral of the story. It's there, in my posts. That reasoning is the same as the reasoning of the man who is provoked by women who speak their mind. When he hits them he says it's their fault for speaking their mind. See what I mean? It's the same reasoning that abusers use.

classic33

Leg End Member
Cyclist shouts at motorist.Motorist doesn't like that.
Motorist uses vehicle to exact "revenge"
Cyclist ends up in hospital.
Work out the moral.
Where does it say there was shouting? You made it up. You have no idea what happened so you make stuff up to make the rider look at fault. It could have been the cyclist saying ""whoah!" for all you know. So, you are exploiting someone who is badly hurt in order to lie about them.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Exactly, if you leave out the bit about nearly being hit by a driver playing with a phone the incident started with the yelling and makes the rider look at fault. So the moral is don't make snide judgements when you don't know the facts.

Top Bottom