had an ace day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
went to my friends farm... groomed and took the horses for a walk... fed Billy the goat... then went to the animal rescue centre and played with 3 tame foxes, one fox cub (awww... so cute :biggrin:), a deer, spoke to a parrot who was hanging upside down saying "hello", then picked up the swan that my mate had took there 3 days before to have a fishing hook removed from it's throat, picked up a duck that needed a home, and took the swan and the duck back to the farm in the car. Never thought i would sit in a car next to a swan with a duck on my lap. then let the duck go and released the swan back into the water where her mate was waiting. They swam straight over to each other and made a heart shape with their necks. Awwwww.... :smile:

came home and cleaned my bike.. mum's slabs now covered in dirty bike oil :laugh: :becool:

ace day

Noodley

Sounds good :becool:

Renard

I enjoyed watching a friend's horses go mental after being cooped up for months.

Here they are once they had calmed down a bit . . .

2h6f2hi.jpg

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
sitting in the car with the swan was nice, she was in a "swan bag" but her head was out and she was surprisingly calm while i spent the whole journey stroking her head and neck and gently picking off the dry mud that covered her nostril holes on her beak.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Grooming horses? Isn't there a play about that? You must be a one 'o them peedeetricians or summat! POLICE!

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
OOOO guess what... the swan laid two eggs last night! Phew... good job we got her back in time. funnily enough, when we got back one of the narrowboat people said her mate had been building a nest. blimey, she must have been holding them in! i bet she felt like she was constipated.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
oooo here's a useless fact... but good for a pub quiz. Quills used to be made from female swan (pen) feathers and called "Pen Quills" hence the modern word "pen". taddaaa. amazing what you learn from google :ohmy:

Top Bottom