Had an 'off' this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A Bit of the Jens Voight faceplant action, (but nowhere near as bad..;)).

Cycling through a park went to turn left, bike decided to throw me to the ground. Was not going at speed so must have hit some some vegetable matter or gunk, front wheel just went from under me. Bike is ok as went down on my left.

Have taken some skin off my left leg and shoulder, ribs hurt a little, couple of scraped knuckles and a bruised palm. Thank gawd for cycling gloves.

Anyways, off to the Tea thread for a cuppa and some sympathy..

Ouch! ;) Glad your ok! However....

This thread is useless without pictures! :rofl:

HobbesChoice

I've fallen off quite a few times myself :biggrin: so huge sympathies for you. Even now, my pride is always hurt a lot more than my body, even if I'm dripping blood!!!! :laugh:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
If you weren't so fat you probably wouldn't have waddled off :biggrin:

Sorry to hear that you've hit the ground, Ian. Lots of people seem to be doing that recently! Hope you recover speedily, and hope it wasn't your Roubaix and hasn't got another scratch.

And of course, the obligatory comment: "You wouldn't have had that accident if you'd been on a trike!"

3733082730_73ab5dd566.jpg

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Furtunately not my Roubaix, don't commute on that.. T'was the GT.
Look at the jolly smile on that old lady... she loved me...:biggrin:

Auntie Helen said:
If you weren't so fat you probably wouldn't have waddled off :laugh:

Sorry to hear that you've hit the ground, Ian. Lots of people seem to be doing that recently! Hope you recover speedily, and hope it wasn't your Roubaix and hasn't got another scratch.

And of course, the obligatory comment: "You wouldn't have had that accident if you'd been on a trike!"

3733082730_73ab5dd566.jpg

redjedi

Über Member
Ouch...bad luck Ian. At least the bikes alright your not too badly injured :biggrin:

Did anyone see you? Pride is easily damaged.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yes mate, another cyclist and a few peds. Cyclist (Lady) who was ahead of me stopped and asked if I was ok. One of the peds just walked round me whilst I was getting up without saying anything. The other 2 peds just had a gawp.

redjedi said:
O
Did anyone see you? Pride is easily damaged.

redjedi

Über Member
ianrauk said:
yes mate, another cyclist and a few peds. Cyclist (Lady) who was ahead of me stopped and asked if I was ok. One of the peds just walked round me whilst I was getting up without saying anything. The other 2 peds just had a gawp.

Ah...friendly London.

When I got hit by a car last year, near a tube station, only 1 ped asked if I was alright, even though there were probably 20+ around :biggrin:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Expected really mate, can't imagine it just a London thing.

Bleedin' ribs are starting to hurt now..:laugh:

redjedi said:
Ah...friendly London.

When I got hit by a car last year, near a tube station, only 1 ped asked if I was alright, even though there were probably 20+ around :biggrin:

Top Bottom