Had an 'off' this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I wear gloves whatever the weather mate. For this exact eventuality.

trustysteed said:
glad you're ok. def always wear my gloves when cycling. left them at home by mistake once and i felt vulnerable and naked!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
suck it up big fella, glad no serious harm was done, but could be worth getting those ribs checked out on the way home

redjedi said:
Ah...friendly London.

When I got hit by a car last year, near a tube station, only 1 ped asked if I was alright, even though there were probably 20+ around ;)

I wouldn't expect anything in London.

Tynan

Veteran
serve you right for riding in parks you gayer

plams of your hands is the thing and mitts do that just fine, I to rode home with no mitts yesterday after leaving one in work

in this morning in odd mitts, both crocheted with world champ stripes and leather palms, only with the stripes in different directions and widths

no point asking if someone is alright if they clearly are other than politeness

Joseph

I think one of the most painful cycling lessons I learnt was that no matter how nice, hot and sunny a day it is, the bits that are in the shade are still slippy... always seems to be the back wheel that goes for me though.

Glad to hear no serious injuries!

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
What are you going to tell people? Someone tried to mug you for your bike, you got stuck in, he came off worse?!

Glad it's nothing too serious, my biggest fear about coming off is losing teeth. Bones heal but growing teeth is beyond me!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Gayer ;)
Funny thing is mate is that I don't usually do the park as usually honk down the A21. Did the park yesterday and today just for a change of scene

Tynan said:
serve you right for riding in parks you gayer

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Some people more like ;)

eldudino said:
What are you going to tell people? Someone tried to mug you for your bike, you got stuck in, he came off worse?!

Glad it's nothing too serious, my biggest fear about coming off is losing teeth. Bones heal but growing teeth is beyond me!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was like a wailing banshee, whirling dervish like, flaming full on chuck norris mode I was, a mighty piffed off Steven Segal, honest... nah not really dearest wife.. I just fell off.

eldudino said:
Definitely, they were all big and you felt it necessary to take them down to protect yourself and your bike. It's what people want to hear. ;)

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
ianrauk said:
I was like a wailing banshee, whirling dervish like, flaming full on chuck norris mode I was, a mighty piffed off Steven Segal

That sounds like a standard London commute from the stories on here! ;)

peanut

tough luck Ian thank god you wern't going fast or using your bestest bike ;)
Were you trying to get away from the park keeper ?:smile::biggrin::biggrin:

yenrod

ianrauk said:
A Bit of the Jens Voight faceplant action, (but nowhere near as bad..;)).

Cycling through a park went to turn left, bike decided to throw me to the ground. Was not going at speed so must have hit some some vegetable matter or gunk, front wheel just went from under me. Bike is ok as went down on my left.

Have taken some skin off my left leg and shoulder, ribs hurt a little, couple of scraped knuckles and a bruised palm. Thank gawd for cycling gloves.

Anyways, off to the Tea thread for a cuppa and some sympathy..

Well you think you had it bad - the pavement threw me to the ground ! this morning and i had NOTHING to do with it !!!!

1.gif

Top Bottom