Had an 'off' this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Hope you're ok and did you have any cake with that Tea :smile:

Norm

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cheers all. Got home ok, took it easy and took my time but was still quite painful, especially the ribs and my left wrist. Will take a couple of days for the pain to ease methinks.. ho hum.. such is life

Tynan

Veteran
it always cheers me up when other people fall off or come unstuck

sometimes I feel like it's only me

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just got back from the hospital.
After my fall on thursday the pain in my ribs just wouldnt settle so decided to go get it checked out at the hospital.
Spent 3 hours in a&e waiting and getting an X-Ray. They found a 3mm crack in my 5th rib. Nothing can be done to treat as it will heal itself. Said it's not worth strapping either, just take some piankillers and the pain will subside over time, anything up to 6 weeks :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah well, ouchy, and get out when able to.....oops sorry to laugh.......hows the bike recovering ?:blush::blush:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
fossyant said:
Ah well, ouchy, and get out when able to.....oops sorry to laugh.......hows the bike recovering ?:smile::smile:

Laughing is OK, as long as ianrauk isn't laughing. With a broken rib, that really hurts.

Yes, that was my experience with a broken rib - one x-ray and you are left with a bunch of painkillers. That cause constipation. And you thought it was a serious injury!!

Tynan said:
it always cheers me up when other people fall off or come unstuck

sometimes I feel like it's only me

I was gutted,when I fell of at Aldgate last year I didn't have the cam on.:smile:

I reckon I would have laughed watching the footage now but if it ever does happen I must remember to swear magnaton style,makes it so much more funnier.:smile:

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
ianrauk said:
A Bit of the Jens Voight faceplant action, (but nowhere near as bad..:wacko:).

Cycling through a park went to turn left, bike decided to throw me to the ground. Was not going at speed so must have hit some some vegetable matter or gunk, front wheel just went from under me. Bike is ok as went down on my left.

Have taken some skin off my left leg and shoulder, ribs hurt a little, couple of scraped knuckles and a bruised palm. Thank gawd for cycling gloves.

Anyways, off to the Tea thread for a cuppa and some sympathy..

Ouch! It wasn't the right turn on Ladywell cycle path, at the bridge into Malyons Road per chance? I came off last there on Wednesday. going very gingerly (avoiding the two manhole covers) as it was wet but the front wheel decided not to cooperate. Ended up with nasty grazes and bruises on elbow, knee, hip, shoulder and sprained thumb. All part of the fun of cycling!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
at that exact place mate, except turning left onto the bridge trying to avoid the manhole covers.

Watt-O said:
Ouch! It wasn't the right turn on Ladywell cycle path, at the bridge into Malyons Road per chance? I came off last there on Wednesday. going very gingerly (avoiding the two manhole covers) as it was wet but the front wheel decided not to cooperate. Ended up with nasty grazes and bruises on elbow, knee, hip, shoulder and sprained thumb. All part of the fun of cycling!

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
ianrauk said:
at that exact place mate, except turning left onto the bridge trying to avoid the manhole covers.
I meant to say left, heading intio Malyons Road. Bloody lethal!

Top Bottom