Had trouble accessing certain sites yesterday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I knew I should have used the internet more yesterday! Most of the more annoying sites would have (temporarily, at least) not bothered me.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Had trouble accessing any site yesterday; within 20 minutes of starting the Friday night is... thread, the bloody laptop just froze and apparently* died.

...and I had so much more to offer <sigh>

* a prolonged spell switched off, followed by switching on again this morning seems to have worked in the time-honoured manner.

Tin Pot

Guru
The attack was on a company that provides DNS - when you type in www.cyclechat.com your device can resolve that "name" to an IP address. Your device does this by asking a DNS server "what's the address for this name?".

The attack made these servers not available anymore so people weren't getting connected to websites anymore.

Tin Pot

Guru

Won't be long now...

MV5BNTAxNTUxODk3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQ5ODYyMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Attachments

• MV5BNTAxNTUxODk3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQ5ODYyMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
    MV5BNTAxNTUxODk3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQ5ODYyMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 14

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Was this around 5:30pm? I couldn't log into Spotify ok my way home last night. Had to listen to Johnny Vaughan on internet radio instead.

Top Bottom