Hahahahahahhahha!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Well actually its not that funny.

I was overtaking a line of stationery traffic within the central line and I get beeped and waved at.

Of course the car driver was not at all bothered by the car he just passed that was half way over the white line and turning right.

The intolerance is only for cyclists these days.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Yes, wait in line like all the cars you tax-dodging eco-terrorist !

How very dare you be faster than our expensive cars !
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^:bicycle::bicycle::hello:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

I was overtaking a line of stationery traffic within the central line and I get beeped and waved at.

Of course the car driver was not at all bothered by the car he just passed that was half way over the white line and turning right.

Several drivers (and/or their passengers) shouted abuse at us on Saturday for riding two abreast on roads with very little traffic on them and plenty of room to overtake. I commented that we were taking up less road space than a tractor and were going along the road at a reasonable speed. No way would they be abusing a farmer just for driving down the road. They simply didn't like us being there, despite us actually being less of a nuisance than a slow-moving vehicle.

Milzy

Guru
Several drivers (and/or their passengers) shouted abuse at us on Saturday for riding two abreast on roads with very little traffic on them and plenty of room to overtake. I commented that we were taking up less road space than a tractor and were going along the road at a reasonable speed. No way would they be abusing a farmer just for driving down the road. They simply didn't like us being there, despite us actually being less of a nuisance than a slow-moving vehicle.
The FIL is a farmer and nobody dares say anything to him ever.

winjim

Smash the cistern
This morning I was riding up the hill toward work. As I approached the pinch point where uphill traffic has priority, a car was approaching from the other direction. Despite there being enough time for him to get through safely before I reached the pinch point, the driver waited courteously at the give way line until I passed. I gave him a cheery wave of thanks which he acknowledged, and we both continued happily on our way.

vickster

Legendary Member

A whole queue of Ryman's and WH Smith's vehicles full of pens and envelopes...weird :whistle:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I once had a car swing its front end to the right to stop me passing down the middle (long, long jam). The driver opened their window to tell me "you shouldn't do that!"

"Oh? Why?"

"Because it's not fair"
I have said before part of my commute is past a queue of cars approaching traffic lights. It takes 20+ minutes to get through by car.

When I filter past most drivers don't even notice. A few tuck into the left and get a cheery wave.

There are always one or two who pull as far as possible to the right as if wishing they could stop me going past. Always gives me a good laugh.

mustang1

Guru

Alternatively those with cheap cars always seem to be in my way. I have never had a BMW pull out from a junction is teether along, they accelerate away. A Micra driver just sits there looking in the rear view mirror. Actually scratch that. I'm talking about a Honda driver. The Micra driver just stays put until a huge gap appears before they get a move along.

Yesterday I was stuck behind a Micra driver who kept accelerating then slowing down on and on. And a Mercedes driver making illegal turns. Another car took a right turn while on red (some cheap car idk what).

Some weeks ago someone posted an Audi not parked correctly in a parking bay. Just a few days later I saw a small Chevrolet parked incorrectly in a parking bay too. If I wasn't ina hurry I would have taken a photo for all you fine folk.

Btw, I only didn't have time to take a photo because I've recently switched to wide tyres because I was advised those tyres are faster than skinnier ones (don't you believe it!)

Now nabbed my tuna sandwich?

D

Deleted member 1258

This morning I was riding up the hill toward work. As I approached the pinch point where uphill traffic has priority, a car was approaching from the other direction. Despite there being enough time for him to get through safely before I reached the pinch point, the driver waited courteously at the give way line until I passed. I gave him a cheery wave of thanks which he acknowledged, and we both continued happily on our way.

I find the majority of drivers go about their business without troubling me, once in a while I get a driver that drives badly or has a bad attitude, occasionally I get a driver that shows kindness and courtesy, so why is it that the kind courteous driver makes me nervous?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I find the majority of drivers go about their business without troubling me, once in a while I get a driver that drives badly or has a bad attitude, occasionally I get a driver that shows kindness and courtesy, so why is it that the kind courteous driver makes me nervous?
I remarked to someone recently that the excessively kind, courteous drivers who wait longer than necessary to overtake me make me nervous because they create a backlog of traffic and someone a few cars further back almost inevitably gets impatient and then does a lengthy, unsafe overtake!

Top Bottom