Hahahahahahhahha!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
[QUOTE 4982379, member: 45"]. His final comment as he sped off was "well, this car is heavier than you)
Then this morning as I was filtering on my scooter

It is getting worse.[/QUOTE]

You should have retorted "your double chin is heavier than me". Next time..:laugh:.

400bhp

Guru
Several drivers (and/or their passengers) shouted abuse at us on Saturday for riding two abreast on roads with very little traffic on them and plenty of room to overtake. I commented that we were taking up less road space than a tractor and were going along the road at a reasonable speed. No way would they be abusing a farmer just for driving down the road. They simply didn't like us being there, despite us actually being less of a nuisance than a slow-moving vehicle.

Justification to them (not agreeing to what you are doing) will be a combination of:

You have the ability to ride in a narrower space, whereas the tractor doesn't
You are on the road for leisure purposes, the person driving the tractor is doing a job
The tractor is bigger than my car. If I show agression to the tractor it will have no effect because he cannot move over anyway.
I will not cross the middle line because it's wrong.

Not all of which are correct and none of which are justifiable.

Tim Hall

I have said before part of my commute is past a queue of cars approaching traffic lights. It takes 20+ minutes to get through by car.

When I filter past most drivers don't even notice. A few tuck into the left and get a cheery wave.

There are always one or two who pull as far as possible to the right as if wishing they could stop me going past. Always gives me a good laugh.
The approved method to deal with drivers who deliberately block your path is demonstrated in this clip by Sagan, P of Slovakia. Omit the bit where he fixes the bike to the rack, obvs.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
When I'm on nights through the week I pass through town centre during rush hour. Some drivers will move over and give me space when I'm passing through, others don't seem to notice or care and some will move over to make life difficult! Most times my commute is decent but there again I don't live in a city I'd guess your more likely to come across more problems the busier the roads.

presta

Guru
You should be able to do something similar with drop bars though
Yes I did contemplate making a bracket that would fit under the lever but never got round to it. I'm not anticipating doing much cycling for the foreseeable future, so my motivation for spending time and money on the bike is about zero at the moment.

Top Bottom