Hairy Pooter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'll need to buy 2 books at 17.99 each! Blimey! But I think they're cracking stuff, even though I'm in my mid 40s. However, if i didn't have nippers eager to read 'em, I widnae bother! Guess I'm a spleenager! :eek:

Jack

£9.99 delivered on Play.com!

col

Legendary Member
We booked our sons copy a month ago at half price to pick up at waterstones when it comes out,midnight the night before if you want to too.only £8 if done this way.

giant man

I don't understand the appeal at all. If you're about 10 or something then fine but my girlfriend has ordered her copy and she's 28. Gord she should know better! lol :eek:

Big Bren

graham56 said:
Aren`t Asda selling them cheap?

No - Radio 4 were breathlessly reporting today that Bloomsbury and Asda are in legal dispute and that as a result, they won't supply Asda with the book. Apparently, Asda made a statement claiming that the publisher is holding the nations children (and some dozy adults) to ransom by pricing the book at 17.99. Bloomsbury were miffed, hence the spat.

Personally, I don't get why so many adults would want to read a kids book, but there you go; it does seem especially popular with overweight middle aged ladies who wear jumpers with leopards and/or eagles on them, but I'm not sure what, if any, significance that has.

Bren

OldSeagul

Which also means that all those kids (& big kids) who paid a deposit for the book at Asda will be very disappointed come Saturday.

mosschops2

The Asda issue got turned around.

It was actually due to Asda not having paid their bills.
(Not for the first time. Walmart are not the best company to be supplying...)

MsMalfoy

I won't be queing at midnight this year as Smiths in Derby has moved onto the main street and there will be too many idiots about at that time on a Friday night.
I will be off into town first thing to pick up our copies of the book though.
I didn't get into HP until I was about 26 and I'm 34 now.
Sad I know but it keeps me amused.

col

Legendary Member
Nothing sad about it,i enjoy sci fi and fantasy type films,and also enjoyed the potter films,i havnt read the books though,not becouse i think theyre sad,but because i havnt the time or patience to do it.:tongue: but my son reads them,he has em all:smile:

Emu

Well, I'm hoping some miracle might happen after my birthday present fiasco this week that my husband might actually go out and buy it for me. I know it's wishful thinking. So, yep, I'm 40 and still reading kids books:smile:

Top Bottom