Halfords 2007 Carrera Fury Upgrade ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snoged

Hi
I am looking to update the Chainwheel,rear mech,rear cluster on my 2007 Carera Fury.(and any other parts req)
My aim is to keep the same gears for up hill but to have a bit more speed on the flat ground.
any advice is welcome
Many thanks
Phil

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Its difficult to see how changing those parts is going to give you more speed on the tarmac. Likely you'll have 11 or 12t highest gear anyway on your cassette. If you do want to get more speed then I'd change the tyres first for a lighter smoother tread version. Maybe change the forks to a rigid type too, but then you'd loose the MTB off road capability to some extent.

Drago

Legendary Member
A decent frame, bogged down by equipment made from granite. Lighter wheels and tyres will go a very big way towards upping your velocity. Bin those Isambard Brunel edition Suntour forks and gets a set of rigid carbon jobs. You'll then have a light and responsive trail terrorist.

OP
OP
S

snoged

already changed to road tires ,dont want this for a MTB so forks locked already just want to sort the gearing = not sure what to buy and will it fit ?
I am actually a roadie (Caad9 Ultegra) but i have promised to go to the L2B 2018 for Charity' but must use a similar bike as a few guys im going with,so got an old "commuter " (they wont let me take my road bike) out the shed.So i just want to get it a little better so i stand half a chance on the Beacon ....LOL

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What kind of steerer do you have on the Carrera?

Top Bottom