Halfords (Comment, not a moan).

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by compo, 4 Aug 2012.

1. compo

compo Veteran

I went into Harlow's Halfords a couple of hours ago. Their Bike Hut is upstairs and it was heaving with people. I have never seen so many people in there. I wonder how many of the bikes will be ridden for more than a few weeks before they decide it is too much trouble.

2. Pauluk

Pauluk Senior Member

I'm sure they'll have fun on their new bikes even if they don't ride every week. I wonder how many have been encouraged by the GB Olympic team's stunning performances.

3. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

Was it the London road one in Ippo? I got quite a surprise when I popped in a few days ago, there never used to,be an upstairs!

There didn't seems to be as may bikes in stock, but a lot more sundries.

__________________________________________________________________________________
    Sent from my bowels

4. Sandra6

Sandra6 Veteran

Our store has been chocker too, wide range of sales from kids bikes to top end boardmans.

5. Saluki

Saluki I've run away with my friends to..

Both of our LBS have said that they have had a massive upsurge of sales. Popped in this morning for a new bidon and there was a couple picking up a Defy 2 and a ladies Giant (in a pinkish hue). They looked very miffed that it was raining so they couldn't go and ride them for some reason.

Our Halfords the other day was really full of people trying bikes for size. The lad on the counter said that this last week has been mad and he had built 15 new bikes the day before.

6. machew

machew Veteran

And how many of the 15 have got all the parts the right way round?

7. Saluki

Saluki I've run away with my friends to..

I didn't like to ask, he was bigger than me :smile:

lordloveaduck likes this.
  8. Raging Squirrel

Raging Squirrel Well-Known Member

The halfords closest to me seems to be really good. The 4 regular guys that I see working there are pretty well clued up and seem to have decent bikes themselves, I was quite impressed with all the info they gave me when I was sizing up my Boardman. But then there's the one in Wigan, which has a group of kids who refer to the bikes as "the red one" or "the yellow and black one" or then there's "that white one with the red bits and blue bits that's meant to look like the Union Jack"

9. David Tanner

David Tanner Active Member

Yep they are too variable. Really fancied a Boardman as my first road bike. Local Halfords were clueless as to correct size etc. LBS and Giant the winner. Great service and a great bike from my local Edinburgh Bike shop.

annedonnelly likes this.
  10. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

Went into our LBS today, they were really busy but i still got a cup of tea.

11. Raging Squirrel

I went to Winstanley Bikes after seeing their adverts in the cycling mags and was highly dissappointed :sad: they had about 10 road bikes, about 15 mountain bikes and about 20 kids bikes and that was basically it.

12. Raging Squirrel

Formby Cycles does, they've easily got 100 bikes in their showroom

billy1561 likes this.
  13. billy1561

billy1561 BB wrecker

And they are helpful too.

14. Muguruki

Muguruki Well-Known Member

Definitely more shiny Carreras on the cycle path yesterday morning.

15. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Halfords are good for Cycling sundries. Inner Tubes, Grease etc. Especially when they have buy 2 get 1 free running.

Cubist likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice