Halfords (Comment, not a moan).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
I went into Harlow's Halfords a couple of hours ago. Their Bike Hut is upstairs and it was heaving with people. I have never seen so many people in there. I wonder how many of the bikes will be ridden for more than a few weeks before they decide it is too much trouble.

Pauluk

I'm sure they'll have fun on their new bikes even if they don't ride every week. I wonder how many have been encouraged by the GB Olympic team's stunning performances.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Was it the London road one in Ippo? I got quite a surprise when I popped in a few days ago, there never used to,be an upstairs!

There didn't seems to be as may bikes in stock, but a lot more sundries.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from my bowels

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Both of our LBS have said that they have had a massive upsurge of sales. Popped in this morning for a new bidon and there was a couple picking up a Defy 2 and a ladies Giant (in a pinkish hue). They looked very miffed that it was raining so they couldn't go and ride them for some reason.

Our Halfords the other day was really full of people trying bikes for size. The lad on the counter said that this last week has been mad and he had built 15 new bikes the day before.

machew

Veteran
Both of our LBS have said that they have had a massive upsurge of sales. Popped in this morning for a new bidon and there was a couple picking up a Defy 2 and a ladies Giant (in a pinkish hue). They looked very miffed that it was raining so they couldn't go and ride them for some reason.

Our Halfords the other day was really full of people trying bikes for size. The lad on the counter said that this last week has been mad and he had built 15 new bikes the day before.
And how many of the 15 have got all the parts the right way round?

Raging Squirrel

The halfords closest to me seems to be really good. The 4 regular guys that I see working there are pretty well clued up and seem to have decent bikes themselves, I was quite impressed with all the info they gave me when I was sizing up my Boardman. But then there's the one in Wigan, which has a group of kids who refer to the bikes as "the red one" or "the yellow and black one" or then there's "that white one with the red bits and blue bits that's meant to look like the Union Jack"

David Tanner

Yep they are too variable. Really fancied a Boardman as my first road bike. Local Halfords were clueless as to correct size etc. LBS and Giant the winner. Great service and a great bike from my local Edinburgh Bike shop.

Raging Squirrel

I went to Winstanley Bikes after seeing their adverts in the cycling mags and was highly dissappointed :sad: they had about 10 road bikes, about 15 mountain bikes and about 20 kids bikes and that was basically it.

Top Bottom