Halfords discount.... Help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kbrook

Veteran
Thought I had got round this but maybe not. Can you tell me if these calculations are right for a bike my other half has her eye on and whether I need a voucher or not because I can't find it.

Also can I get all these discounts together?
Bike price £499.99
10% off at the moment takes it to £449.99
BC discount 10% to £405
Buy £405 vouchers 10%off takes it to £364.50.

Have I got this right? Also the BC site says just take your membership card but I am sure I have read about a voucher you need to take.
Has anyone here used the gift vouchers does it matter what code I use for the discount?

many thanks in advance.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think you one 10 % off to many , i just took my BC card in and they took 10 % off the price assuming the 1st 10 % is not included already in the sale price listed .

Yes that's correct.
The bike is £499.99 with the current extra 10% off so 90% of this is £449.99.

If you then use your bc discount (just show card- voucher no longer required) it will bring it down to £404.99.

As I presume you get 10% off the face value of the voucher than the cost to you will be £365 like you say.

My only caveat is check you can use the bc discount with all methods of payment and it isn't a web exclusive as bc isn't valid on that kind of discount.

Jameshopper

I took advantage of this a couple of weeks ago, just managed to squeeze a bit more out of them.
Cx team @ 899
10% off for the summer of cycling
10% off in the flash sale on the 4th july
10% off for bc members
10% off for the vouchers
Ended up costing me effective 590 or thereabouts which i thought was a bit of a bargain. Just looked through my emails and they seem to do a flash sale at the end of the first week of the month.

jagman.2003

Über Member
I took advantage of this a couple of weeks ago, just managed to squeeze a bit more out of them.
Cx team @ 899
10% off for the summer of cycling
10% off in the flash sale on the 4th july
10% off for bc members
10% off for the vouchers
Ended up costing me effective 590 or thereabouts which i thought was a bit of a bargain. Just looked through my emails and they seem to do a flash sale at the end of the first week of the month.

Crikey, much more & they will be giving you the bike & some money! Well done.

Jameshopper

Yeah, was well chuffed when they said i could use the bc discount on top.

Waiting for the next flash sale now for a new bike for the missus

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
I am gutted, thought I got a good deal. I hate being beaten for bargains, how long for the vouchers to arrive?

Jameshopper

My vouchers through work were next day delivery.

Halfords hold onto your reservation though for 7 days, so ordered on the friday (4th), got vouchers on the tuesday (also ordered friday) and picked the bike up on the thursday, along with a thule 532.

£140 off a £500 bike is still a very good deal!

Top Bottom