Halfords or used bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: what kind of bike are you looking for.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Also depends on your knowledge of bike repair and do you know what to check for on a new bike to see if its ok and worth buying ?It could work out expensive if you need to replace a lot on the bike and dont have the skills +tools to do the job yourself.
If i was buying new outright i would go to decathlon and look at their bikes as pound for pound they tend to be a bit better than halfords, dont get me wrong nowt wrong with halfords bikes and if you join british cycling and get 10 % off at halfords then it can be good.

OP
OP
Gintas

Gintas

I looking road bike, I can spend up to 1000£. Some bikes cost 750, some 1200£, but to be honest I'm not sure where is different,

OP
OP
Gintas

Gintas

No it's not for ride to work, probably join a club :smile: So it should be good for like example 100km events and etc ?

Slick

Guru
It would be fine but you could probably do better in your local bike shop still trying to shift last year's model. I know mine is.

OP
OP
Gintas

Gintas

At moment I have Appolo envoy. But probably it's not good enough and better upgrade to new one

OP
OP
Gintas

Gintas

to be honest I don't have experiences about bikes, so I need to know about some exactly bike :smile: because not easy to know then you don't know a lot

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
to be honest I don't have experiences about bikes, so I need to know about some exactly bike :smile: because not easy to know then you don't know a lot

@Gintas go and make friends with a local bike shop , once you are happy that you can trust them start looking at the bikes they have for sale and ask about test rides if they wnot let you move to another one .

dont be afraid of 2nd hand bikes there are some bargains out there for sure

Top Bottom