Halfords Poor Customer Sevice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrius.B

It varies a lot from branch to branch. I guess the hiring process is not that good and sometimes, they end up hiring under qualified and inexperienced staff.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
It varies a lot from branch to branch. I guess the hiring process is not that good and sometimes, they end up hiring under qualified and inexperienced staff.

Who would want to work there?

The money can't be all that good.Evans is the same,every time I go in there they have staff I haven't seen before,unless they have come from other branches.

tanc

My local independent bike store takes Halfords vouchers, so I was able to get the bike I wanted. I went to my local Cribbs Causeway branch. I was looking at the Boardman Team CX cyclocross bike. The poor sales guy was no older than 16 and had to go back to talk to his manager when I had a question. When I asked if I could talk to the manager, apparently he was too busy.... No sale there.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Same bad service at my local Halfords, hence I have boycotted them now. My LBS is very good (Plymouth Cycle Scene) and I will take the bike there again if I need anything done. I am slowly learning that the ony way to "send a message" to these types of stores is to not shop there.

ziel

I'm not happy at all. Today I've got my Letter of Collection. After long time waiting (for LoC) I decided to go Halfords and pick up the bike (I've checked availability on website and it said they have the bike I want).
And when I got to Halfords...
1. They didn't have my bike, so they had to order it.
2. One of the posters says that I can pick up the bike on next day if I ordered it after 12 pm day before. It was ok untill they said me it will be ready in next 4 days as they r busy..
3. They made a mistake in my D.O.B. and (after I've lost 2 hrs over there) they said me that system doesn't want to finish the transaction and they can't use my LoC.. I thought I'm going to explode. Need to go there tomorrow and they will call Help Desk... Hope they will sort it out because I don't know what to do...
Never ever Halfords again.

jaynana

i've had my own issues with halfords, have got so p1issed and complained online on their website as well! no point really.. didn't it appear on tv as well on some programme? about halfords bad customer service? cant remember.

i find evans to be very friendly and knowledgeable in comparison. issue with evans is i've never gone in tehir and come out without spending on something i didnt really want!!

having said that the reality is - gone are the days that you can depend on a shop-floor service for sound advise and decision making. they're all doing a 'shift', with half of their mind possibly on making numbers other half possibly on their studies or whatever else they do with their time outside.

so own research, fact findings, forums like this are key to making your own sound decisions.

shop floors are still needed, often for the final touch and feel before the purchase decision.

ziel

I will see tomorrow if they can sort out the problem, it's not my bloody fault they made a mistake so why I have to pay for it ?
I just wanted to enjoy last summer days on my new bike and it seems I will get it for Xmas.. -.-

rusky

CC Addict
I suggest complaining to the store manager about the in-store issues (stock & next day collection) & to head office for the other issues.

ziel

I will do this tomorrow. Just wanted to know if some1 had same problem, I mean main thing is that they said they can't use my LoC (and it wasn't my fault), so just wondering if I will have to wait again or Help Desk can fix it straight away.
Anyway, thanks for reply :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
To be fair after my experiences of Evans I would rather sand paper my eyes than shop there again
Agreed. My first experience if Evans was to spend over a grand in one hit a couple of weeks back. On top of that I made sure everything was un stock and stomached the £40 for next day delivery.

And the who lot arrived in dribs and drabs over the course of a week. I got the money refunded, but it's too late - id rather smear my space hoppers with honey and sit on an ant hill that use them again. Next time I'll drive over to Roy Pinks and have a coffee in their shops caff when it's time to spend big bucks.

Egon Belmontie