Halfords Poor Customer Sevice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Aiden - on behalf of all Halford's employees (the ones who do not suck anyway) I would like to offer you a sincere apology.
There's absolutely no reason why buying your bike should've been such a hassle -short of waiting for stock availability.
If you have your receipt you can go to a website and give feedback, name and shame them because they will get it in the neck as a result. Especially if it was a manager at fault.
The thing with the helmet is a new one, we used to sell the display ones, but then somebody pointed out that they could easily have been dropped and damaged so now we don't -just in case. As with all rules, some people flout them when it suits.
I hope after all this you are happy with your bike though. Next time come to Carlisle and I'll get you a good deal :thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Let us know how you get on. Certainly impress on then how you have been messed about big time.

My experience has been very varied, depending upon Store. The Stockport one was usually rubbish, before the recent re-furb - must be the last one in the UK as it was a dump. Went in to look at the Carrera MTB's vs Decathlon, and to be frank, the one we picked was better value in the sale. Stockport didn't have stock, but the assistant was helpful and went and found a similar frame (not a new bike) from within the warehouse for my son to sit on. Thanked them, travelled to Stanley Green - what a difference. OK the shop was busy, but took an age to get served, and was certainly glad I asked to take the bike away in a box (had to sign a disclaimer). One of the mechanics was just torquing up all the bolts on a kids bike, rather than looking for the 'clicking noise' - Brute force used....

Anyway, been back to Stockport to buy the Garmin - lad admitted the Stock systems weren't much good, but went back into the warehouse and found one as they were not on display.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Aiden - on behalf of all Halford's employees (the ones who do not suck anyway) I would like to offer you a sincere apology.
There's absolutely no reason why buying your bike should've been such a hassle -short of waiting for stock availability.
If you have your receipt you can go to a website and give feedback, name and shame them because they will get it in the neck as a result. Especially if it was a manager at fault.
The thing with the helmet is a new one, we used to sell the display ones, but then somebody pointed out that they could easily have been dropped and damaged so now we don't -just in case. As with all rules, some people flout them when it suits.
I hope after all this you are happy with your bike though. Next time come to Carlisle and I'll get you a good deal :thumbsup:
As loads of others have said, it is very store dependent as to what level of satisfaction customers experience.
In our local store there are some very friendly and willing staff and the guys in the bike section seem to enjoy and take a pride in their work. Unfortunately, the Manager of the moment and his little helpers need putting in a big tin can and given a good rattle to help shake their ideas up a bit.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Thing is to try to turn it to your advantage. James Cycles have screwed up a couple of times with me, but they've been keen to say they'd 'make a deal' to keep me happy.
Few years ago I got a call to say the GT Avalanche I wanted had been brought in from another branch, so I went down. 30 mins after I got in the store, they admitted they couldn't find it. I suddenly realised the best thing I could do was say I'd wanted to take it, not just have a look....
5 mins later they're offering me the next model up for another £20!

Sale made and a happy customer ^_^

Firstly good rant lol:thumbsup:

I've had positive and negative experiences with Halfords but this lot - I'd walk away, they sound like a right bunch of wallies!

Have you another branch near you? Call them in advance to advise what you want and need to ensure there's no mistakes, make sure you mention C2W and what you'll be expecting. As pointed out many branches are perfectly good LBSs and only poor staff training and attitudes spoil the rest as their bikes (Carerra/Boardmans) are generally sound.

Also - http://www.cycle2work.info/ - is the Halfords C2W site, should help guide you with what you are getting/entitled to.

Peteaud

Veteran
To be fair to Halfords, not all LBS afre good either.

One near(ish) me was so rude recently i will never buy another thing in there again. A friend of mine who i spoke to a few days after the incident does not go there for the same reason.

I have a small independant repairer who is good and a large ind a bir further away. both give me good service.

halfords are so so

subaqua

What’s the point
this is the one reason i have not used the work C2W scheme , as its run by halfords and the branches near here can be hit and miss. if they were consistent i would be happy, its the inconsistency thats the annoyance.

vickster

Legendary Member
this is the one reason i have not used the work C2W scheme , as its run by halfords and the branches near here can be hit and miss. if they were consistent i would be happy, its the inconsistency thats the annoyance.

You can however use Halfords C2W vouchers at LBSs - Pearsons and On Your Bike to name two in the London area (or you certainly could a couple of years ago - got my C2W bike from the former, never went near Hellfrauds). You are scuppered if you actually want a Boardman or Carrera however

Raging Squirrel

to be fair, the local Halfords to me has been fantastic. I got £500 C2W voucher as I wanted the Boardman Comp, as soon as I got my LOC the bike went up to £550! Typical! I went to the local shop and the assistant manager spent an hour on the phone desperately trying to get me the bike I wanted for £500, which he did. He then apologised for keeping me waiting and then knocked another 10% off the bike for me! I've sent their head office an email letting them know how good this particular experience was and suggested someone give the guy a pat on the back for going that extra mile and helping me out.

Raging Squirrel

also......a colleague got the Carerra TDF for £350, 8 days later it went down to £299, he phoned head office and they said if it was within 7 days then they would have sent him a voucher for the difference, but if the store want to do anything then it is at their discretion. My colleague then phoned the store, and they agreed to let him have £50 worth of accessories, and put it down to a stock loss which I thouhgt was pretty good, as they didn't really need to do that as it was out of the 7 day policy

Top Bottom