Halfords sold me a 20inch frame...I'm 5ft 5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahale

Über Member
I don't really want to shop with them but I want a voodoo mtb. Got caught up with everything and I'll be honest I don't know that much. So I pootled round the shop on their display and they said yeah that's perfect for you. So I ordered one.

When I got home I then thought about it, I'm a small 5ft 5. So will be ringing them tomorrow to find out if I did actually try a 20" or if it was an 18" because I'm certainly not between 5ft10 and 6ft1 like their size guide recommends.

I know its my fault for not knowing much but still.

If I had to guess, I'd say you'd want a 16".

simon.r

Person
I'm 6'2" and ride a 20" MTB.

Different manufacturers geometry will vary, but a 20" frame for someone your height would seem to be a tad on the large side:ohmy:

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Would the fact that its 26" wheels make any difference? My current ride is a specialized hardrock 18" which is fine and comfy

Learnincurve

I'm 5"6 and ride a 19" MTB with 26" wheels because I have such a long in-seam (32.5", you measure from your crotch to the floor. ) in a 29er I might be 17" but even then I may have to scale up because my arse could end up in the air.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You deffo need 16"

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm 5'5 (and a little bit) and I've got both 17" and 19" frames but I wouldn't want to go any larger than the 19", as I get older and stiffer it is starting to feel a little too big sometimes.

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Its a voodoo hoodoo with 26" wheels.

They have ordered me a 20" frame as that's apparently the one I tried on shopfloor and it was fine, slight reach to the floor but putting saddle down 1cm would be enough to solve that. Convinced I tried the 18 looking back.

Top Bottom