Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
[Sarcasm]OK latest entry into the Halfords book of great service [/sarcasm]

Today a kid a school came up to me to proudly show off their brand new Carrera bike ... so new they only picked it up on Saturday. I had a quick look at it - looked quite nice and discovered the loosest headset I have ever seen on a brand new OR not brand new bike. Even they could see the movement when I showed them where to look. Could they have damaged the bike by riding it in that condition a couple of times? And I do mean really really loose.

Yes, Summerdays, it is possible to stretch the head tube as if the child has braked hard or playfully bumped into a wall to stop then it bashes the steerer tube of the fork against the inside of the head tube.

Just remembered, I was in halfords many years ago (2002) and the work experience boy was struggling so badly to put together a kids bike that I just did it for him talking him through it as I went.

the trained mechanic was inundated with customers as opposed to just not caring tho.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Well, I was down at Halfords yesterday as I needed a new pump for my bike.

I was served by a young woman who seemed to know what she was talking about, and even came out to give the pump a demonstration on the bike (at least I think that's all she wanted!! fnarr fnarr!) before selling it to me (it was a type I'd never used before).

Also I had to buy various other bits and pieces and she couldn't have been more helpful if she had tried.

Thumbs up here!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
summerdays said:
[Sarcasm]OK latest entry into the Halfords book of great service [/sarcasm]

Today a kid a school came up to me to proudly show off their brand new Carrera bike ... so new they only picked it up on Saturday. I had a quick look at it - looked quite nice and discovered the loosest headset I have ever seen on a brand new OR not brand new bike. Even they could see the movement when I showed them where to look. Could they have damaged the bike by riding it in that condition a couple of times? And I do mean really really loose.

It always pays to carry a set of Allen Keys on you at all times! :blush:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun

Fandango

Went to get a bar bag today, only to find it was £5 more expensive than their website. Girl behind the desk told me I could go home, reserve on the website, then come back and buy the exact same bag from the same shop for the cheaper price. I asked her if she realised how ridiculous that sounded. She didn't give a shoot, so I told her I would never buy anything from Halfords again and walked out. When she is out of work, she might think about customer service a bit more but I doubt it. There was a guy in the car section who was laying on the counter asleep.

I can only assume that Halfords pay so badly that only morons will work there. I suggest a pay rise for those who can stay awake all day.

Top Bottom