Halitosis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
IME mouthwash will temporarily mask any smell but won’t fix it. Try some Tepe interdental brush sticks, I started using them a year ago and get some food fragments everyday. Those fragments that can’t be reached by brushing quickly rot and it is the rot that stinks. They are so quick to use and far easier and much more effective than flossing which can push food down in to the gums rather than pushing it through and out.

Try them, you will probably be amazed at what comes out and how much fresher your breath will be.

The right angled Tepe's are excellent for back teeth.

I no longer stab my gums with the straight ones.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Embarrassing one here alright. Have been informed that my breath is, um, less than fresh and I'm trying to sort it. Dental & general health are good as far as I know so I'm not sure what action to take beyond the obvious mouthwash. Anyone have any suggestions?

Eat a dog-turd every day, it's not a cure, but it might take the edge off it.... :okay:

Sorry, old joke, but I lack any useful practical advice.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Do you still have your wisdom teeth? If they're growing at a funny angle they can create little pockets of infection and smell pretty bad.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
recently went dentist and had teeth descaled and cleaned , as he was doing it I could smell a vile smell similar to what I had been tasting - so much that I had to apologise
since the clean and following his advise to floss with these mini bog brush type things , also to brush at night as well as the morning brush , I haven't had the foul taste and guessing nor does breath smell !
also he did say drink more water what does make sense as well
good luck

Jameshow

Veteran
I've probably got bad breath I just think it's part and parcel of being an elite athlete!

Anyway it's not as if I'm going to get close to anyone!🤣😥🤣😥

a.twiddler

Veteran
This begs the question, why have you had your finger up your bum?

Obvious, isn't it? Trying to reach his back teeth!

presta

Guru
Sounds like your root canal needs redoing?

Me or glamorgan?
I've never had any root canals done. The dentist put the crown back on, but it was too high and I couldn't close my mouth, so he took it off again and said there's no point in taking the tooth out yet if it's not hurting, so I'm using it as it is, with no crown.

vickster

Legendary Member
Me or glamorgan?
I've never had any root canals done. The dentist put the crown back on, but it was too high and I couldn't close my mouth, so he took it off again and said there's no point in taking the tooth out yet if it's not hurting, so I'm using it as it is, with no crown.

You. If you’ve got a Crown, wouldn’t it have been root canalled?

Broadside

Guru
Do you still have your wisdom teeth? If they're growing at a funny angle they can create little pockets of infection and smell pretty bad.
I had two wisdom teeth removed for that very reason, there were crevices I simply could not clean which became smelly so it was best to get them out before decay started.

Embarrassing one here alright. Have been informed that my breath is, um, less than fresh and I'm trying to sort it. Dental & general health are good as far as I know so I'm not sure what action to take beyond the obvious mouthwash. Anyone have any suggestions?

Cough ... gagging my ring up here :cry:

presta

Guru
You. If you’ve got a Crown, wouldn’t it have been root canalled?

I don't know what's done normally, but no, they didn't even drill down as far as the nerve, which is why I been able to use it trouble-free since the crown fell off. I don't know why it's a choice of using it as it is or having it out, I don't see why they can't fit another crown. I don't see why the old crown was too high when he put it back, if it fitted first time why not again?

Top Bottom