Constipation. Any sufferers here ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's all down to diet. Some time ago I was developing piles so changed to oats for breakfast, plenty of fruit more roughage and never had any problems since.
I wish it was as simple as that. I've been eating all the right things and discussed them with medical staff but its not helped it was either the colon op or the subsequent chemo that has done it for me.

Moviprep is the ultimate clear out (we're not talking pre film snack rituals), the botton falls out of your world at an alarming rate for many hours💩
I think I had that before my endiscopy and whilst I thought it had cleared out a lot, the operator said it could have been cleaner in there :ohmy:

GlamorganGuy

Anyone tried Triphala powder? It's an Indian herbal mixture. It tastes... not great frankly. But it's highly effective at helping regularity without causing bloating/gas/cramps etc. I brace myself and down a glass every week or so and (apart from the taste) it's pretty damn good.

Milzy

Guru
Never happened ever to me but a mate couldn’t crap for 3 days on a recent Swiss riding trip. Must be change in diet.

GlamorganGuy

Ha ha what about blissed-out Welshman feeling 2 stone lighter, smiling like a maniac?

GlamorganGuy

Bloody hell. Cheese. More specifically, the uncomfortable side effects of its over-consumption.
When will I ever learn? Christmas brain always takes over where my digestion is concerned.
Pass the prune juice/fybogel/dynamite...

postman

Legendary Member
Chemo gas is a side effect of treatment For me it begins when i get into bed,it's awful.A few weeks ago Mrs P slept in another bedroom,why it starts when i lie down i have no idea.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
After my cancer op' I was in for nearly a week and the constipation got quite bad.
The nurse said I will give you an enema.......do you mind if I do it in the ward. ? I said "i don't care, the way I am feeling you can do it in the car park if you wish".

Once when I was in hospital the sadists gave 4 patients in a 6 bed ward enemas in preparation for some procedure or other. Only one toilet.
I was not one of the lucky 4 fortunately. Or should that be unlucky 4?

Milzy

Guru
Two plops a day & never been constipated in my life! You need that living bacteria thriving in the gut.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Not being medically trained and all bodies are different but some find eating a bowl of bran flakes or even all bran everyday can help a lot. Many people have a lack of fibre in their diet to some extent.
With me, that does the opposite

I have a Stoma Bag and all that fibre blocks me up.

It is no exaggeration to say that I was nearly taken out by a bowl of Bran Flakes!

Top Bottom