Constipation. Any sufferers here ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Are you any medications? My daughter has been on many, causing constipation and prolapsed rectum. She is on regular cosmocol and has also taken lactulose to help.

Salar

A fish out of water
Half a pint of cooking oil will sort you out. xx(

Take it straight, or if you are a softie mix in some orange juice and knock it back.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Mate you are definitely not alone, I've had it off and on all my life (I'm in my 50s) and it's especially bad when I'm away from home. Pretty much got it sorted now so I'll pass on my advice for what it's worth... As someone else said, linseed/flax seeds (either golden or brown) are excellent, just a teaspoon full on cereal makes all the difference. You can also grind them into powder and mix them into a drink. Leafy green veg of all types - eat as much of these as poss. Cabbage, kale, broccoli etc - all excellent. Increase your fluid intake as much as possible. In desperation I've eaten prunes and figs but these can make your stomach feel a bit gassy and upset. Some gentle exercises/ stretches can really help - there are yoga for constipation videos on youtube that are quite easy to do. Getting into a squatting position and holding it for a while can help give you the urge to go. Slow, deep breathing when you're on the toilet, before trying to push, also really helps things open up. Chin up mate, it'll get better!
2 successful visits this morning with no tablets ^_^. I am very weak today and shaking.
Appreciate your comments.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Are you any medications? My daughter has been on many, causing constipation and prolapsed rectum. She is on regular cosmocol and has also taken lactulose to help.
No.....none. i have been taking some vitamin B and D to fight this virus but no medication.

stephec

Legendary Member
After my cancer op' I was in for nearly a week and the constipation got quite bad.
The nurse said I will give you an enema.......do you mind if I do it in the ward. ? I said "i don't care, the way I am feeling you can do it in the car park if you wish".
And you didn't reply, 'I thought you'd just stick it in the usual place? ' 😄

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Don’t worry I’m sure you’ll work it out over time...

Top Bottom