Halloween

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The DPD Local app entered into the spirit of Halloween. All the icons on the screen were spooky: ghost, spider, haunted house etc.

Milzy

Guru
I hate that night and bonfire night. Once Guy Fawkes stuff is over it’s soon Christmas which is the most wonderful time of the year apart from mid summer. Christmas equals dopamine levels in a chain reaction. New Year’s Eve brings dark depression.

i got into the halloween spirit this year and dressed up and went to a halloween festival
also bought haribo in case the kids called trick or treating (was singing for money in my day!)
however i'm still trying to be conscious of the environment and didn't/won't buy heaps or junk to drape over the garden and windows

mustang1

Guru
I rather like it and offer sweets to any kids who made an effort to get dressed, even if it's only a face mask (I understand about keeping costs down). Sometimes I get the kids to sing it dance and then i, asking with family and friends, go out too. I rather enjoy meeting with the others, having a chat with strangers, things like that.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Taking the decorations down today, we had two 20ft inflatable figures that had collapsed overnight. I thought it was maybe due to the rain but folding them up revealed two large splits. Looking at the doorcam footage, a wee farking bastard daffodil jumped into the garden at 1.20am and slashed them both.
My wife loves Halloween. We always used to have a big Halloween party but as kids grow up and move away she's turned to concentrating on doing things for the local kids on the night. She dresses up as a witch, puts flashing lights and a smoke machine under her wheelchair and hands out goody bags to the kids. She's been doing it for 5 or 6 years now and every year more and more kids come - even one wee autistic laddie who moved away to Alloa but his dad brings him back to visit. Of course we decorate the garden and this year had a couple of inflatable figures. Halloween went great - something like 200 goody bags given out and everyone had a great time. Then this happened -

View: https://youtu.be/1EynatVpHJo

The wife was awfy upset and posted it on a Next Door app hoping someone would know who the kid was. Since doing that, the response from the neighbours has been incredible. Parents and kids have been coming round with flowers, cards and cash. Right now, she's crying her eyes out because a woman came to the door with a card from "The people of St Ninians" with a lovely note inside saying how much the kids loved visiting her at Halloween and a large sum of money to buy new decorations. She said "Just so you know we're not all like that".

Kind of reaffirms your faith in human nature a bit.

Jody

Stubborn git
What an awful thing to do and nice of the neighbours to try and sort it recognising the effort you put in.

There are some residents on our estate that really go out of their way to please the kids and get so much enjoyment out of doing it.

Kind of reaffirms your faith in human nature a bit.
reaffirms there are some complete Aholes about and thankfully more nice people about :okay:

Top Bottom