Halloween

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'm glad it's over. My son wasn't with me last night but he went out dressed as an inflatable sumo wrestler. He had fun by all accounts. I could never get into Halloween. I'm looking forward to bonfire night with the family though

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
We don't decorate the house, or display a pumpkin, but we do buy a bag of chocolate goodies to give to any kids who come knocking.

None did last night so now I will be forced to eat all the chocolates myself.

No Helloween decorations = no knocking. That's how it works now.

markemark

Über Member
It works well for all parties as people who don't want to be bothered aren't and it saves wasting time for those out knocking.

1698851245588.png

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I was walking the dogs last night, gone 8pm as that is when I logged off from work. I took the dogs out for a late bimble, 3 teenaged kids, taller than me, dressed as clowns complete with scary masks and cornered me.
I am not a fan of being cornered and having my face screamed into.

No Helloween decorations = no knocking. That's how it works now.

Shhh. Don't tell my wife.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Taking the decorations down today, we had two 20ft inflatable figures that had collapsed overnight. I thought it was maybe due to the rain but folding them up revealed two large splits. Looking at the doorcam footage, a wee farking bastard daffodil jumped into the garden at 1.20am and slashed them both.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Turns out a group of youths ran around the streets near here smashing up and destroying Halloween decorations in the early hours - including all the pumpkins carved by the kids.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Last edited:
Top Bottom