Halloween

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A quiet bonfire night around here. I could hear fireworks going off, but they seemed a fair distance away. My friend however sent me a message saying it's been going on all week where she lives, as in a fire every night! She told me that the other night they were burning tyres on a 'huge' bonfire and some were set on fire then rolled down the road, near her car! :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
An older thread but rather than starting a new one after the event, this amused me at Blackfriars last night :evil:

Attachments

• CB1DB8B5-1D27-4FA6-B44F-2DBF9F277C49.jpeg
    CB1DB8B5-1D27-4FA6-B44F-2DBF9F277C49.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 40

Windle

Über Member
Yesterday the Mrs had gone out on the bus and noted that someone in the next village had placed a pair of exquisitely carved pumpkins atop their gateposts ~ which, and I quote 'the crows were pecking the shoot out of' :laugh:.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It seems to be a very big thing here in SE Londinium. Loads of kids and parents out last night. All dressed up for the occasion. Some put in a great effort and looked great. They are all so very good too. Only knocking on houses that have halloween decorations.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
at work so i missed the whole charade , only bad thing is i couldn't take the kids trick or treating as they enjoy it.Last year i took mini ck 2 in the car as it was pissing it down .

icowden

Veteran
It seems to be a very big thing here in SE Londinium. Loads of kids and parents out last night. All dressed up for the occasion. Some put in a great effort and looked great. They are all so very good too. Only knocking on houses that have halloween decorations.

That seems to be pretty much the convention now for 99% of the trick or treaters.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
We participated in the usual halloween nonsense.

Was a busy evening, although mostly younger kids. Very few teenagers this year.

I'd decorated the porch with the usual tat: cobwebs (some of them real!), spiders, skeletons, severed limbs, more pumpkins, and UV lighting so it glowed in the dark. And Halloween sound effects! ...although my speaker died after 15 minutes, so I put an Alexa out instead - she rather destroyed the ambience by periodically announcing a bluetooth connection to my phone!

AN excellent standard of costumes this year.

winjim

Smash the cistern
That seems to be pretty much the convention now for 99% of the trick or treaters.

Same round here. Our suburb gets absolutely rinsed from about half past four onwards but only the decorated houses. By about half six, seven o'clock everybody's run out of sweets and it dies down.

keithmac

Guru
We were a "Pumkin House" as I used to say to my two kids.

Plenty of Trick or Treaters, all dressed up, having fun and all very polite. Nice to see really.

I think it's just a bit of fun and gets the community out mixing together for a night.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've moved since last Hallowe'en when I had some wee neds asking me for money. Just kids this year asking for sweets which fortunately I had in plentiful supply.

Masks with glowing light strips seemed to be popular around here.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It was very quiet around here last night. So quiet that I did wonder if I'd got the right date. No one knocking on doors, no fireworks to report. That's good! Now all we have to endure is bonfire night and fecking Christmas! :unsure:

Top Bottom