Halloween

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

tyred

Legendary Member
Heck, turnips and swedes are hard enough to cut/slice with a knife. Hacking at them with an axe would be easier. Hollowing them out must take some serious effort! 🧐
I used a 1" wood chisel which works really well.

Health and safety hadn't been invented when I was a boy....

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
She’s got man’s arms!
💪

keithmac

Guru
I've done it most years taking my two round (only to the "Pumpkin houses" mind).

We haven't been out this year and haven't decorated due to me having the lurgy but will do again next year.

It's just a bit of fun for the younger ones imho.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Lot's of people continuing what was started during the first Covid Halloween and leaving the sweets out on the doorstep or at the front gate. It's also a way of not getting disturbed while still joining in.

dodgy

Rename this site curmudgeon-chat, this instant.

Honestly, it's getting worse. We really need some younger people on here, the grumpy arld git sentiment just drips from almost every posting.

We haven't decorated the house and expect no visitors at all, but those that have will, probably 🤷‍♂️

stephec

Legendary Member
Rename this site curmudgeon-chat, this instant.

Honestly, it's getting worse. We really need some younger people on here, the grumpy arld git sentiment just drips from almost every posting.

We haven't decorated the house and expect no visitors at all, but those that have will, probably 🤷‍♂️
There was never a high bar to start from really though was there?

Anyone who's been a member on here for a few years wouldn't expect anything less than the usual Victor Meldew type sentiments. 😂

Top Bottom