Hampshire's finest? (bit of a long post)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
The problem with asking for a word in his ear is that next week another complainant asks for that, and a different supervisor does it. And so on. So the officer, who may have a problem, be it attitude or lack of knowledge never has it addressed.
Ask for a complaint to be formally recorded and then, for a minor infringement, it will be locally resolved, which as classic says, amounts to a word in his ear. The difference is that, should complaints of a similar nature in the future be made against the officer then a pattern of behaviour would emerge, which allows for further action, perhaps training or redeployment to be considered.
Sometimes though complainants have an unrealistic expectation of what will happen eg "I want him sacked", which for a minor matter would not happen and thus this proper recording of complaints helps both parties.
Not saying the OP has unrealistic expectations, by the way, far from it by my reading.

DRHysted

Guru
Given my experience of hants road policing, he’ll probably go on an intelligence database.
IMHO the only place in that stretch of road where it is safe to overtake is alongside the entrance to the motor museum (as long as there is not other traffic turning), so if he didn’t overtake there his overtake was unsafe.

Through work I’ve dealt with a number of different officers in different areas, and the difference in attitude is vast.

Top Bottom