Hand Ache...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lulubel

Über Member
Stem would be my choice.

How short are you going? I've just taken a 75mm, 7 degree oversize stem off the Surly if you want to try it. It might be a bit shorter than you need, but it should give you an idea if you're on the right lines or not.

Motozulu

Über Member
That stem does look very long on the MTB. Just measured mine on the Merida and that's 75mm too, which feels about right. Be interesting to see what the set up is on my cube when I get it next month. I know the bars are flat so I'll deffo end up changing them I reckon for wider risers (current ones are 640mm wide so I'll probably go 680 on the cube).

stem here as well. a 7 degree 75mm could be worth trying if you are anywhere near to each other in Spain, otherwise I suspect (from what you have said previously) then something like a 80 or 90mm 30-35 degree stem would be the best way to go becuase it sounds more like you need to bring the hands up a touch as well as closer rather than just closer which lulubel's stem would do - however there is no harm in trying it.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Stem would be my choice.

How short are you going? I've just taken a 75mm, 7 degree oversize stem off the Surly if you want to try it. It might be a bit shorter than you need, but it should give you an idea if you're on the right lines or not.

Are you about on Tuesday as I have to go to Benalmadena so I could bung my bike in the back of my estate and call in and see you if you are free, I will be out and about that day..
I could PM you if you like..

lulubel

Über Member
Are you about on Tuesday as I have to go to Benalmadena so I could bung my bike in the back of my estate and call in and see you if you are free, I will be out and about that day..
I could PM you if you like..

Sorry I didn't reply before.

We're not going to be around on Tuesday, but I could post it to you tomorrow if you want?

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran

We're not going to be around on Tuesday, but I could post it to you tomorrow if you want?

Well I can call round at any time I dont mind, then I know where to return the stem when I've tried it out and save on the postage plus I will be away from next Friday as I'm going to see my mum in the UK this weekend coming.

Its up to you really, its very good of you to let me have it for test run, it if it works then I can get one in the UK next week..
Let me know..

Cheers Paul. :smile:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran

Well I can call round at any time I dont mind, then I know where to return the stem when I've tried it out and save on the postage plus I will be away from next Friday as I'm going to see my mum in the UK this weekend coming.

Its up to you really, its very good of you to let me have it for test run, it if it works then I can get one in the UK next week..
Let me know..

Cheers Paul. :smile:

Top Bottom