Hand Torch for night walking. Any suggestions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member

One of these type of things is spot on, I got something a little bigger off the big river and it lights up the church yard 100yards from my front garden.

It's probably as good as anything that was used during the blitz to help take a pop at Herman's Heinkels. 😄

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Torches are handy things but if I was out for a walk I'd be quite happy to let my eyes dark adapt. Trouble is some other would be along with a bright torch and then I wouldn't be able to see a thing. Bring back the WW2 blackout. :okay:

But to answer the OP's question - I'd use a teensy wee "get me home" front bike lamp. Or maybe the one on my mobile phone (which did come in handy in some extremely long dark tunnels in Madeira where with one false step you are into the levada).

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Torches are handy things but if I was out for a walk I'd be quite happy to let my eyes dark adapt. Trouble is some other would be along with a bright torch and then I wouldn't be able to see a thing. Bring back the WW2 blackout. :okay:

But to answer the OP's question - I'd use a teensy wee "get me home" front bike lamp. Or maybe the one on my mobile phone (which did come in handy in some extremely long dark tunnels in Madeira where with one false step you are into the levada).
Trying to get over this virus I am sometimes unsteady/not confident. I like to be able to clearly see level changes. Also, if I hear something in the bushes it would be nice to see it

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We have the ones from Amazon, as suggested by @Arjimlad . We use them when away in Motorhome, to walk (well stagger) back from pub. Work very well.

I know you said you don't want a head torch, but.... they can be useful when you need both hands free, I bought rechargeable ones off Ebay, only £6.96.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
We have the ones from Amazon, as suggested by @Arjimlad . We use them when away in Motorhome, to walk (well stagger) back from pub. Work very well.

I know you said you don't want a head torch, but.... they can be useful when you need both hands free, I bought rechargeable ones off Ebay, only £6.96.
I have a head torch but it really isn't what I need.

vickster

Legendary Member
Big Maglite. Doubles as a weapon to biff the werewolf that jumps out of the bushes on the nose ;)

Brads

Nite core

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Big Maglite. Doubles as a weapon to biff the werewolf that jumps out of the bushes on the nose ;)
Have to be honest Vickster......your comment, as always, is so helpful BUT I can't think when I last saw a werewolf.
That could be because my torch isn't powerful enough :rolleyes:

I got a maglite style 2xAA from Ada for £8. I think it is about 80 bits of light but Im not sure. They do a 3xAAA 250 which is enough for some people.
I think the LED war has been won and whatever you get is far more than you used to.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
You could burn effergies of your enemies to keep warm... As an added bonus, most criminals and dodgy characters will likely hop along in the other direction.

Adam4868

Guru
I use one of these,great little light.I can clip it on my jacket/jumper as well.Handy for when I'm walking home from the pub.....I can reminisce can't I !

Top Bottom