Handbags - acceptable language?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Me too,

Lad works in a YOI so 18-21 yr olds and some of the people he comes across are the scum of the Earth, Daughter works in a primary School and some kids turn up hungry and dirty, parents couldn't give a t**s, the world is a tough place so you need to get the balance right.

Well I can assure you that neither of my kids work in high class handbag shops either :okay:

In fact, the way my kids deal with ' very much less than pleasant' members of the general public in their day jobs, and life as a whole never fails to impress me, either.

The fact that they manage to keep their cool, but stand by their values is something that makes me quite proud, quite often.

Although I'm sure that's in spite of their upbringing..

Rather than because of it..

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Yesss.... I told them yesterday their grandmas dog had to be put down. “Oh thats sad, can I have an apple”? “Can I have sweets”?
Maybe in a few years or so eh, let them enjoy been kids before burdening them with all that

I'm not talking about burdening them with anything - just an interesting age-appropriate chat.

Sorry about the dog BTW... :sad:

Err - now about those sweets.. :whistle:

I'm not talking about burdening them with anything - just an interesting age-appropriate chat.

Sorry about the dog BTW... :sad:

Err - now about those sweets.. :whistle:
Too young to worry about all that stuff, they are happily enjoying childhood and excited for Christmas. Wether its Father Christmas or Mother Christmas is of no worry to them

No worries about the dog, it was a snappy nasty little :ohmy:

Ah the sweets, Maioms and Fruit gums my favourite...I mean their favourite

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Too young to worry about all that stuff, they are happily enjoying childhood and excited for Christmas. Wether its Father Christmas or Mother Christmas is of no worry to them

No worries about the dog, it was a snappy nasty little :ohmy:

Ah the sweets, Maioms and Fruit gums my favourite...I mean their favourite

Like I say - it's not about worrying anyone about anything - just realising the power of language - they're already exposed to it from many sources - advertising - telly nonsense - online tosh :blink: peer pressure - all that - but anyhow - good luck with the parenting - enjoy the ride - and the sweets :angel:

Ha,

I wasn't going to let some made up fairy tale beardy benefactor take the credit for all my yuletide largesse.. :santa:

And then - when they finally discover you've been lying to them??

Why should they ever believe anything you ever tell them, ever again.. :stop:

Top Bottom