Handbags - acceptable language?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Worlds gone mad!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Handbags is an acceptable expression IMO.

The other 2 examples are far worse. Referring to the ref’s wife and players wearing skirts.

Shouldn’t he be banned, maybe some training is required.

Edit. He’s had a written warning before.

yes i think it was probably for the other two comments.
What was the comment about the ref's wife about?

by the by, I've just heard some woman from argentina (don't know who she was - no caption from the beeb) wittering on about departed Diego.
I swear she said he transcended binary - haven't a damn clue what she was on about.

Maybe it was my imagination but had the idea that the presenter back in the studio's thank you to her for a contribution was a quickly lobbed in "get off quick before you chuck more waffle at us"

I think she may also have said he was the ball.

Colemanballs is alive and well.

The 2018 warning was for describing a player as a Drama Queen.
what's the approved contemporary alternative for "drama queen"?

it's a phrase which has its uses - am sure we have all known folks of all genders it could describe

Chris S

Legendary Member
No more Reeves and Mortimer then.

6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg

If I had heard this broadcast I would have been terribly offended on someone elses behalf. I didnt hear it and I wasn't personally offended but I am still outraged that it may have offended someone else's sensibility. This man, whoever he is, needs to be sent on one of the BBCs highly recommended re-education courses.

If I had heard this broadcast I would have been terribly offended on someone elses behalf. I didnt hear it and I wasn't personally offended but I am still outraged that it may have offended someone else's sensibility. This man, whoever he is, needs to be sent on one of the BBCs highly recommended re-education courses.
I fear the woman i heard on bbc news may already have been on it.
aspects of this put me in mind of the catholic church (which also pops up in another thread - vastly important to use the right words/forms, charges of heresy chucked around, folks cast out into the darkness, whilst underneath serious evil is afoot. And relentlessly covered up.

My tip, shamelessly nicked from the catholic church with its bells and smells, concentration on ritual - chuck the phrase "non binary" in front of any phrase you have the slightest worries/rumbles about.

So @Drago i can set your mind at rest/get you off the hook.

call her the non-binary queen.

Top Bottom